Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

XBox One Launch Day Options

Xbox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 of 29 OFFLINE   Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

• 2,061 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted September 04 2013 - 08:22 PM

Best Buy

Best Buy will have the Xbox One available for purchase with midnight store openings on 11/22 (12:01 AM on 11/22 -- so you want to be inline on 11/21, otherwise you will be looking at the XBox 360 on the shelves).  BBY has its website still accepting Xbox One pre-orders for both the Day One Edition of the console and the Xbox One with Call of Duty: Ghosts bundle.  The standalone Xbox One Day One Edition costs $499.99, giving you the console, Kinect and a controller.  The Call of Duty-included bundle is also branded a Day One Edition console and comes with CoD Ghosts, an extra "commemorative" controller, and a 12-month subscription to Xbox Live. It will cost you though @ $679.96! 

Walmart

Walmart is also accepting pre-orders at a slightly lower price than its competitors. The console itself is $499.96, but this is only available as an in-store pre-order. Paying 10 percent in person is required.  Walmart's flexible "Solution Bundle" comes in @ $617.96 and comes with a game (from a choice of 21 titles) and an extra controller.

Amazon

The online store is still selling the "Standard" non-commemorative version of the console for the same price, but won't be available until Dec. 31, 2013.  I guess that will depend on how much units Microsoft can crank out from their plant in China. 

GameStop

GameStop is directing customers who are holding out for additional pre-orders for launch day to sign up for email alerts under the banner of its "Xbox One First to Know List."  This doesn't mean that you will get a unit, so probably best to consider the other options listed here.

Target

Target is still selling Xbox One bundles that include a game and an extra controller for $619.97.  The launch game choices are Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5, Dead Rising 3, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Watch Dogs.

Kmart

Kmart claims to have Xbox One "in stock," and the system is $499.99 at Kmart, and it's the only option available.

Sears

Sears matches the Kmart price of $499.99 with free shipping for the console.

Microsoft Store

Microsoft Store's website has the XBox one available for $499.99. No deals and no special pre-order bundles.

Kevin Collins
To View My HD Collection Click Here

#2 of 29 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,873 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted September 04 2013 - 09:24 PM

Great post Kevin!

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#3 of 29 OFFLINE   Type A

Type A

Supporting Actor

• 796 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted September 05 2013 - 07:05 AM

Cant wait for them game reviews to start rolling in!  Anyone wanna venture a guess as to availability for Christmas?  Obviously both consoles will be scarce immediately after launch (good luck even pre-ordering a PS4 right now) but will they remain hard to find approaching December 25th?

JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106"
Paradigm Studio V.5 20 (5) & ADP590 (2)  
Hsu VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2)

Yamaha RX-A3010 & Emotiva XPA5
Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP 5000

*My Home Theater Photo Journal*

#4 of 29 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,245 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted September 05 2013 - 07:16 AM

I've already witnessed the poaching. Know 3 different people with pre-orders of 10 or more.

#5 of 29 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,873 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 07:29 AM

Sounds like there will be stock for walk ups.  Interesting:

http://arstechnica.c...box-one-launch/

#6 of 29 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,045 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted September 08 2013 - 12:58 PM

I want this tool to be right in the middle of recording when the Microsoft police break down his door, reclaim all the equipment, and we can taste the tears streaming down his face. People who break NDAs are the biggest morons in the world.

• TravisR likes this

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#7 of 29 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,027 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted September 08 2013 - 04:49 PM

I'm going to wait.  I pre-ordered the PS4.   I'll wait on the XBOX One, to see if anything compels me to do it.  I don't see that happening for a while.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#8 of 29 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 09 2013 - 11:02 AM

Josh, that video is gone. What was in it?

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#9 of 29 OFFLINE   ElectronicTonic

ElectronicTonic

Auditioning

• 12 posts
  • LocationVentura CA

Posted September 09 2013 - 11:32 AM

Josh, that video is gone. What was in it?

Maybe this one? LINK

#10 of 29 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,190 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 09 2013 - 11:48 AM

^ Yeah, it was that one.

#11 of 29 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 10 2013 - 10:12 AM

Thanks.

This irrational need to share is getting freakish. Kids today. . .

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#12 of 29 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,161 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 01:00 PM

The rumor right now is that the video is a "viral" leak from Microsoft to drum up interest in their console.  Is Ryse even done being developed yet?  There's absolutely zero gameplay in the video and nothing that we haven't already seen.

So yeah, it's most likely fake.  If it WAS real, MS would have done something about it by now.  Anyone remember how they reacted to people playing Halo games online before release?

#13 of 29 OFFLINE   ElectronicTonic

ElectronicTonic

Auditioning

• 12 posts
  • LocationVentura CA

Posted September 12 2013 - 08:57 AM

The rumor right now is that the video is a "viral" leak from Microsoft to drum up interest in their console. Is Ryse even done being developed yet? There's absolutely zero gameplay in the video and nothing that we haven't already seen.

So yeah, it's most likely fake. If it WAS real, MS would have done something about it by now. Anyone remember how they reacted to people playing Halo games online before release?

That's super lame, if that's the case. I haven't seen any gameplay for Ryse either, so that does make since.

Edited by ElectronicTonic, September 12 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#14 of 29 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 12 2013 - 10:25 AM

Good point, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this were a phony leak. Then again, those sometimes backfire when people realize how dumb the concept is. :)

#15 of 29 OFFLINE   Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,647 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 12:08 AM

If that video was a M$ ploy, it makes me even less inclined to buy their box than I already am.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#16 of 29 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,873 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 09:08 AM

Here is my Launch Day pick:

http://news.xbox.com...ising-halloween

#17 of 29 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,737 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'm betting phony leak. Someone who is willing to break an NDA and post wouldn't be stupid enough to actually turn the camera on himself, thus giving the world a look at the guy who can't abide by NDAs...

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#18 of 29 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 31 2013 - 10:19 AM

Never underestimate the ability of a random person's need for online attention to overcome his need to not be a royal dumbass.

#19 of 29 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,873 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 08:44 AM

KI looks great, starts at free, $20 gets you all characters, $40 gets you all characters and costumes, $60 gets you the pin collecting special edition.
http://penny-arcade...._medium=twitter

#20 of 29 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,737 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 10:32 AM

KI looks great, starts at free, $20 gets you all characters, $40 gets you all characters and costumes, $60 gets you the pin collecting special edition.
http://penny-arcade...._medium=twitter

Interesting business model. I very much dislike what EA (and others) have done with certain titles, like sports, where you pay $59.99 for the game and then extras on top of that. KI starts at free, and $40 gets you essentially the whole game minus the pins and artwork.

Have to admit I haven't played KI since its heydey in the arcade. It was also second fiddle to Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat (so is that actually third fiddle?) but I wasn't as much of a hater as others. I enjoyed it for what it was. If they've managed to capture that original fun in the updated version, $40 isn't too much to ask for this title.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users