-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

CBS Press Release: The Beverly Hillbillies Season 4

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#1 of 214 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,242 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 08:59 AM

bev.jpeg

In this ultimate fish-out-of-water story, and for the first time in color, the Clampetts strike it rich in oil and move from their mountain cabin to the upscale neighborhood of Beverly Hills. Exclusively available at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club locations nationwide, 
The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season DVD continues to follow the hilarious Clampett family as both they and their affluent neighbors undergo a clash of cultures.

DVD BASICS

• Specifications: Full Screen Format, Dolby Digital: English Mono, and English SDH Subtitles
  • Rating: Not Rated
  • Runtime: 13 hours, 31 minutes
  • Suggested Retail Price: $19.96 U.S. 
  • Release Date October 1, 2013

Walmart Preorder Here

Waiting on possible Amazon Preorder

• EdG and Ron1973 like this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 214 John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 724 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted September 04 2013 - 09:01 AM

Let me be the first to say, "Hallelujah!"

#3 of 214 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,320 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 09:06 AM

Very Happy to see this released but not too happy with the Wallmart exclusive. Have to go out of my way to get it now but at least its finally out.

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#4 of 214 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,092 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted September 04 2013 - 09:25 AM

I generally don't like store exclusives, but the price is right, and it means the series will be continued.

In fact, I'd love to see CBS/P dump further releases of even more abandoned shows into Walmarts.

I just hope these are more successful than the one and done season release of In The Heat of the Night that started out as Walmart exclusive.

#5 of 214 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,817 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 09:43 AM

First: YEA-HAH!!!! and at $19.95, terrific.

Second: I continue to be confused by CBS's choice of cover images.  Why does a company that has done such good covers for various Lucy shows continue to use covers for the Beverly Hillbillies that look like they might be from some public domain company.  In fact, Timeless (now SHOUT!) has used the same image in slightly altered form for a 2 disk public domain release for five years now, see:

http://www.amazon.co...rly hillbillies

51g3HM-EhUL.jpg

#6 of 214 smithbrad

smithbrad

Second Unit

• 497 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 09:47 AM

This past summer I found Gunsmoke season 8 and Rawhide season 6 (both volumes of each) at Sam's for $19.99 each and Matlock season 9 (final) at Walmart for $19.99. While not exclusives in any way, it does show an interesting pricing startegy between CBS and Walmart/Sam's that would be nice to see continue.

#7 of 214 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,076 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted September 04 2013 - 09:50 AM

Best news I've had all day!!!!!

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#8 of 214 Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 09:56 AM

Best news I've had all day!!!!!

A.M.E.N.!!!!!!!

• Ron1973 likes this

#9 of 214 Ron1973

Ron1973

• 1,076 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:05 AM

This means I can probably start dwindling down some of my Beverly Hillbillies VHS tapes, especially if they start giving us the rest of the seasons. I have a friend who will happily take them off my hands!

Find me on Facebook

My blog

#10 of 214 Ron1973

Ron1973

• 1,076 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:07 AM

Pardon me while I gush away.....lol

I've always thought S3 and S4 were the penultimate seasons. I love them all, obviously, but I think they started gelling really well in S3 and S4 really shown through. 

• Randy Korstick likes this

Find me on Facebook

My blog

#11 of 214 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,092 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:15 AM

This means I can probably start dwindling down some of my Beverly Hillbillies VHS tapes, especially if they start giving us the rest of the seasons. I have a friend who will happily take them off my hands!

Now, this is CBS/P we're talking about... wait until the set is in hand, and unedited episodes are fully confirmed before going and giving stuff away.

#12 of 214 Ron1973

Ron1973

• 1,076 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:26 AM

Now, this is CBS/P we're talking about... wait until the set is in hand, and unedited episodes are fully confirmed before going and giving stuff away.

CBS, so far, has given us unedited episodes. I also checked the running time and 32 episodes clock in at 800 minutes (x25 minutes). They're numbers are 810 minutes (13 hours, 31 minutes). I believe it's safe to say these are unedited plus the Syndication Bible shows only "network" versions being remastered. With that said, the DVD's will be in hand before I get rid of anything.

Edited by Ron1973, September 04 2013 - 10:27 AM.

Find me on Facebook

My blog

#13 of 214 Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,411 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:37 AM

I'm very happy about this and Petticoat Junction.  Season Four on TBH is, for me, the last of the peak seasons.  Every season that follows will just be for completion's sake.

• Suzanne.S likes this

#14 of 214 Ron1973

Ron1973

• 1,076 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:38 AM

First: YEA-HAH!!!! and at $19.95, terrific.

Second: I continue to be confused by CBS's choice of cover images.  Why does a company that has done such good covers for various Lucy shows continue to use covers for the Beverly Hillbillies that look like they might be from some public domain company.  In fact, Timeless (now SHOUT!) has used the same image in slightly altered form for a 2 disk public domain release for five years now, see:

51g3HM-EhUL.jpg

Joe, I've always felt CBS was a bit "ashamed" of the show. No reunion shows like other TV series other than the awful "Legend of the Beverly Hillbillies" thing in the 90's. It just seems like they would rather believe it never existed.

Find me on Facebook

My blog

#15 of 214 Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,411 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:43 AM

Joe, I've always felt CBS was a bit "ashamed" of the show. No reunion shows like other TV series other than the awful "Legend of the Beverly Hillbillies" thing in the 90's. It just seems like they would rather believe it never existed.

I can't imagine why.  This was perhaps CBS' biggest hit after I Love Lucy.  It was huge in its day and is still an integral part of American pop culture.  Just yesterday, I heard on NPR that Diana Nyad, when asked if she pondered thoughts of the mysteries of the ocean and its currents while completing her Cuba to Florida swim, replied, "Yes, and I played the theme to The Beverly Hillbillies 2000 times in my head."

#16 of 214 Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:49 AM

If I remember correctly there was a TV reunion movie in the late 70's with everyone but Max Baer and Raymond Bailey whom I believe was decesed

#17 of 214 Ron1973

Ron1973

• 1,076 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted September 04 2013 - 12:12 PM

If I remember correctly there was a TV reunion movie in the late 70's with everyone but Max Baer and Raymond Bailey whom I believe was decesed

Find me on Facebook

My blog

#18 of 214 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 894 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 04:30 PM

And that movie was just horrible and the ratings tanked on that film as well...Werner Klemperer in overalls...enough said. Just happy that TBH S4 is finally coming out on DVD and at a nice price to boot but wishing the cover art was a bit better, along with PJ S3, but hey, at least it's coming after a long, long wait.

#19 of 214 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 894 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 04:32 PM

Ron, Max Baer. Jr. wanted nothing to do with the show anymore or this film and he guessed right that it would do horrible numbers and the hack they got to replace him was just awful in his role. The plotlines were confusing as hell and they didn't even feature Donna Douglas enough but in some scenes here and there. Even the director himself wondered why he even made this film. 

#20 of 214 DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,932 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 04:47 PM

Wal-Mart/Sams exclusive - I wonder how many units they will move? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users