-

Photo
- - - - -

SPHE Press Release: Before Midnight (Blu-ray)

Sony Pictures BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,002 posts

Posted September 03 2013 - 05:14 AM

"GRADE A! An enchanting entertainment!"

Owen GleibermanENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

êêêê The defining movie love story of a generation, flush with humor, heartbreak and ravishing romance."

Peter Travers, ROLLING STONE

êêêê Warm, funny and rigorously truthful.”

– Farran Smith Nehme, NEW YORK POST

16A229E1-B441-4721-9438-A71B5743B9C2.jpg

BEFORE MIDNIGHT

Starring Academy Award® Nominees Ethan Hawke & Julie Delpy

Available on Blu-ray & DVD Oct. 22

Blu-ray Includes Digital HD UltraViolet™

Culver City, CA (September 3, 2013) – One of the most acclaimed and celebrated movies of the year, the Sony Pictures Classics romantic drama BEFORE MIDNIGHT, will now be available on Blu-ray and DVD on Oct. 22 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.  As the third installment in Richard Linklater’s beloved series, the film finds Jesse and Céline Wallace (Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy) two decades later and light years away from their first train encounter, vacationing in Greece with their two twin daughters. Two-time Academy Award® nominee Ethan Hawke (2004, Best Writing Adapted Screenplay, Before Sunset; 2001, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Training Day) and Academy Award®-nominated Julie Delpy (2004, Best Writing Adapted Screenplay, Before Sunset) star in this emotional, heartwarming and relatable film about navigating the complications of lives complete with careers, children and romantic relationships.

Bonus features on the Blu-ray and DVD include commentary and a Q&A with Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy and Director Richard Linklater, as well as the “Revisiting Jesse & Céline” featurette, taking fansbehind the scenes for a look at the making of the film.  The Before… series is directed by Academy Award®-nominated Richard Linklater (2004, Best Adapted Screenplay, Before Sunset), who wroteBEFORE MIDNIGHT with Hawke and Delpy.  The film takes viewers on a roller coaster of emotions, offering a refreshingly honest and witty portrayal of what modern love really looks like in this day and age.

Synopsis:

Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Céline (Julie Delpy) first met in their twenties in BEFORE SUNRISE; reunited in their thirties in BEFORE SUNSET; and, now, in director Richard Linklater's amazing BEFORE MIDNIGHT, they face the past, present and future: family, romance and love. Now on a writer’s retreat in Greece, the couple looks for a night of passion, but instead their idyllic night turns into a test of their relationship and a discussion of what the future holds for them.

Special Features Include:

• Commentary with Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy and Richard Linklater

• Revisiting Jesse & Céline

• Q&A with Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy and Richard Linklater

BEFORE MIDNIGHT has a run time of approximately 109 minutes and is rated R for sexual content/nudity and language. 

Academy Award® is the registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

For more information about Sony Pictures Classics films and DVDs, please visit www.sonyclassics.com. The website features trailers of upcoming SPC films, high-resolution images, a DVD archive and a special "Press Only" section where press members can access materials for SPC's expansive library of films and DVDs.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,930 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted September 03 2013 - 08:24 AM

As much as I want this one, having missed it in the theaters, I'll probably wait until the previous 2 films are available on blu. Seeing as they are Warners, I expect a long wait since they count as unimportant catalogue films that wont make a zillion dollars. Maybe they'll hit the archives.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Escapay

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator

• 239 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Time and Space

Posted September 03 2013 - 09:49 AM

I've had the first two movies on DVD for a long while (I remember buying both for $10 each at Virgin Megastore during my Walt Disney World College Program), and am eager for their Blu-Ray upgrades if/when it comes.

Unfortunately, I missed out on this film in theatres as my plans for the summer ultimately left me with little free time to see it while it was still playing (on the plus side, got a new job!).  So I'll pick this up for now, though I hope Warner sees this as an opportunity to release the first two films as well.

Ideally, I'd want Criterion to handle all three (they've done some of Linklater's other films), but since Warner barely licences to them (if at all?), that probably won't happen.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,326 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted September 03 2013 - 10:09 AM

When I first heard about the third installment, I was hoping that the first two movies would be get a blu-ray upgrade via a box set of all three movies. Why wouldn't Warner use this opportunity to market the first two movies?

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Escapay

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator

• 239 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Time and Space

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:34 AM

According to The Digital Bits:

Also today, we’ve heard back from Warner Home Video: They currently have no plans to release Richard Linklater’s Before Sunrise and Before Sunset on Blu-ray.  This despite the fact that Sony is releasing the third film in the series, Before Midnight, on BD on 10/22.  But I think we can change their minds on this, so be sure to let them know you want these titles on BD in any way you can.

Warner does, as it happens, have The Hangover Trilogy coming on Blu-ray on 12/3 (SRP $57.98) for what it’s worth.

<_<

Give me Jesse and Celine over the Wolf Pack any day of the week.

Edited by Escapay, September 04 2013 - 11:35 AM.

• cafink likes this

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,930 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted September 04 2013 - 12:33 PM

Yet another reason as to why Warner's went from my favourite studio to least favourite. They've truly gone pure corporate now in all matters. I feel bad for the film lovers that work there, it must be draining having to fight that multi-headed hydra on every release that isn't Wizard of Oz , Batman or some other re-release.

It would be forgivable if they dumped the title to the archives, but no release at all is just idiotic at this point. They are beloved films, and with the third film having such a positive response, and for Warner to still not think they can market the titles... license them out already.

As far as the old DVDs, they will look like old DVDs at this point. I don't remember if the first film is even anamorphic, it's one of the old snapper cases releases unless it got a newer one that I missed.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,930 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted September 04 2013 - 12:38 PM

When I first heard about the third installment, I was hoping that the first two movies would be get a blu-ray upgrade via a box set of all three movies. Why wouldn't Warner use this opportunity to market the first two movies?

Because they can't make a zillion dollars on it to justify the release to shareholders. They are no longer satisfied with making a small profit or, heaven for bid, breaking even. They are clearly only interested in home runs. Which is why we're seeing re-releases of tried and true movies like Wizard of Oz and The Exorcist.

And if those titles don't bring in the mega-bucks they are hoping due to many of us already owning them and not seeing the need to upgrade (if they are even upgrades...), it will be taken by the bean counters in charge that "there is no market for catalogue titles", and we well see even less.

Even the archive now seems to be a dumping ground for re-releases compared to where it was. I think the writings on the wall, and I would LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG!

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   ShellOilJunior

ShellOilJunior

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 03:25 AM

Time to hand them over to Criterion.

• Escapay likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sony Pictures, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users