What's new

New console as centerpieces (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
We'll see. The PS3 is my Bluray player of choice currently. The determining factor is going to be:
A. How good are the remotes (if there are any, haven't seen any announced yet)
B. How badly do the cameras suck in a projector environment.

As for now I plan on pairing the Xbox One with my plasma in my family room and the PS4 in my basement projector theater.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Games, its all about the games and I wont blindly be investing in either console until there are clearly games worthy of the upgrade. Motion, in my book, would make a poor centerpiece of a typical home theater system (at least from a front projection perspective). And supposedly all blu ray players are created equally so investing in a console for some unusually high quality blu ray function is not logical. At this point every other function the new consoles bring to the table I already have several times over in my theater.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
The new game consoles will be about four times as expensive as a decent blu ray player. I wouldn't use a game console as my primary disc player with the hope of extending the life of the game console.Sent from my SPH-M830 using HTF mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks