What's new

HTF Classified Area Rules (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
We have started to notice more and more dealers posting UV codes for sale. The rules for this area clearly state no dealers. We have let things slide for a while, but due to member complaints we are going to be once again enforcing the no dealer rule and will be removing dealer posts. If you feel your post was removed in error feel free to PM any moderator or owner.

Here are the rules for this area:

Please make sure to read and familiarize yourself with the rules below. By using the Home Theater Forum Classifieds, you agree to be bound by the current rules. PLEASE NOTE NO DEALERS WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM SITE STAFF.

RULES:
1. Sales are to be kept to Home Theater, and broadly related items only. Other items may be deleted.

2. Under no circumstances is anyone to reply to a post suggesting that the item can be found cheaper elsewhere. That is the responsibility of the purchaser to look for the best deal - not for forum members to point out. Members are trying to sell their items in a safe environment without fear of others trying to undercut their sales.

3. We prohibit dealers from posting any sale information to this forum -- especially advertisements in their signature file. The only items that we allow for sale are personal items for the benefit of our members.

4. No bootleg/pirated or illegal material may be sold in this forum.

5. The Home Theater Forum does not promote/endorse any products listed for sale in this area. We will not, as a policy, become involved in any disputes between sellers and buyers. However, please note that your participation on the forum is a privilege, not a right, and that your privileges may be revoked if there are serious, legitimate complaints about you.

6. NO AUCTIONS or links to eBay, Craigslist or other sale sites.

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I just cleaned out a few storefronts today.There's a huge influx of UV traders here at HTF and we encourage you all to join in discussions. Actively being contributing poster here is a good way to show that you are serious member here and not just a remora. =)How to tell if you are a storefront:Do you often have multiple copies of individual codes, often ahead of release? You're probably a storefront.Are you giving bulk discounts? You're probably a storefront.Are you trading credits for codes because you have too much credit on multiple accounts already? Probably a storefront.Have more than 30 or so codes for sale at any one time for multiple months? Probably a storefront.Trading here and not participating in other discussions? You MIGHT be a storefront. Consider being an active poster!If those above ring a bell, know that we're watching and removing the offenders. Are you legitimately an individual trader and wonder if what you are posting is gonna cross the line? Give any mod or owner a PM and we'll happily discuss it ahead of time!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Couple of other new points:

- If you are a regular buyer or seller: Make ONE POST with all your sales, not 15 posts with individual titles. Flooding the forum is unacceptable. If you go a few weeks/months at a time between sales tho feel free to post a new thread with new sales.

-Be VERY SUSPICIOUS of low post count buyers and sellers. You buy and sell codes here AT YOUR OWN RISK, be smart.

-BE PATIENT. HTF supports only individual sellers. These are not storefronts. Adjust your expectations accordingly. It really is possible someone might not log in for a few days. Don't freak out if you don't get immediate replies. If you have concerns after 2-3 days, PM a mod or owner before blasting in an open thread.

-You should use a payment service that protects you. If Paypal will not let you buy digital goods through and you need to use their Friends and Family service to make a payment you should understand that adds additional risks to you! Be cautious and careful!

Also: Suspect someone is a storefront? Let a mod or owner know! Because someone acts like a store doesn't give you any additional security here. Treat them like a random person on the internet and make your transactions accordingly.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sam Posten said:
If Paypal will not let you buy digital goods through and you need to use their Friends and Family service to make a payment you should understand that adds additional risks to you! Be cautious and careful!
I was going to post this on the other thread but it closed, according to this PayPal* does accept the buying of digital goods.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/digital

*Further reading shows they do NOT offer seller protection for digital goods, i guess it's very hard to police downloads.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Thanks for that Foxy, I don't personally buy and sell codes so I have never investigated it, I was just replying to SamC's concern. If they do allow it then the only reasonable explanation is that they are using F&F to avoid all or part of Paypal's fees, which again is violating ToS and is accepting all of the risks for another bad reason.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yeah I didn't either. I was positing the reason as such.Either way, if this guy isn't a store front(I don't know...nor care)...chill out.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
What is the protocol for alerting potential buyers that a code has been sold, or is no longer for sale?

I sold a code today, and found that I was no longer able to edit the post, so I simply added a reply: "SOLD".

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
New rules you should be aware of:

No selling those shitty XML codes where you require people to have the disk. Real, working, simple to transfer codes only.

No preorders. Know who sells preorders? Storefronts. Know what's not welcome at HTF? Storefronts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks