It felt like a very undisguised critique of normal sitcom conventions early on, but once they got back to Paddy's it was pretty much solid gold.
Things I loved:
- Frank's reaction when the owner of Sudz mentioned that the Paddy's-branded egg had cracked and leaked green yolk all over the inside of the bag. Funniest "Oh, shit!" I've heard in a long time.
- The fact that each member of the gang put away was clearly meant to be a group party drink on their own.
- Charlie's bar anthems, before and after huffing spray paint.
- Frank and Artemis, as disturbing as ever.
- The return of Frank's bridge friend, Z, serving as their last-minute token African American.
- Charlie escaping through yet another secret trapdoor hidden within Paddy's.