Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Shoot The Sun Down: Director's Cut (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Kino

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted September 01 2013 - 10:50 AM

shoot.jpeg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

• Reggie W likes this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted September 01 2013 - 11:32 AM

This release comes out of left field, as the saying goes. SHOOT THE SUN DOWN (1978 release) is a unique and inventive historical western. It was shot on a shoestring (in 1976) by an inexperienced director, and it shows. But it's loaded with good ideas, and there are many interesting and worthwhile things about the film -- not the least of which is lovely Margot Kidder before she did Superman. I've only seen it on the old Vestron VHS. A day one purchase for me. I recommend it.

An interview with director David Leeds:

http://inputs.wordpr...t-the-sun-down/

Edited by Richard--W, September 01 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Reggie W

Reggie W

Supporting Actor

• 748 posts

Posted September 02 2013 - 09:35 AM

I have to admit this one has me quite curious. I don't recall if I've ever seen this film. It does not at all sound familiar. So, I'll be picking this up as well and look forward to checking it out. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kino

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users