What's new

I love a parade (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It's the city annual parade in conjunction with a city celebration. It's basically a catch all type of thing. Sometimes you don't know what you're gonna get. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cameron:

Awesome work. You took what looked like a pretty typical parade situation (with some admittedly high-flying individuals participating) and turned it into something quite enjoyable. I even called over my wife and we went through each shot together.

Just a heads up--in case you weren't aware--as we made our way through the parade shots, the slideshow kept going into a number of other settings (Cape Blanco weekend, etc.) Again, more terrific shots. Great border collie! And the sausage looked yummy! :biggrin:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Thanks Mike. The parade is pretty unusual, if anything for the variety of groups involved, so I don't feel like I can take much of the credit. For most of the time I was just trying to keep up with what was going on.

I shot with my infrequently used telephoto zoom, with the exception of the last two pictures. The lens does a good job of keeping up with the action for the most part, but it makes me wonder how my favorite mid-telephoto prime would have done. I would trade less versatility in framing for more accuracy in most cases.

The local paper's photographer shot primarily with a wide to normal lens, which produced some more intimate, dramatic shots. I might do that next time, as it would force me to get closer to the action. Ideally there would be a mix between wide and telephoto, but given how quickly things happen, you'd have to be sporting two cameras or work in tandem with another shooter.

I'm not sure why the camping photos were included and the slideshow seems to be working OK from here. In any case everything is set to public, so no worries about privacy. :) My friend's dog is an Australian Shepherd I believe, a sweet dog nonetheless. :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Nice shots, Cameron. I shot our town's July 4th parade a couple of years ago, and wished I'd used my telephoto (used the 24-105L instead). I like the portraits you were able to capture with your telephoto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks