What's new

Best Picture Nominees (1940's) on Blu (1 Viewer)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
The films I know of on Blue are in bold; NOT on DVD in Italics.

All This, and Heaven Too
Foreign Correspondent
The Grapes of Wrath
The Great Dictator
Kitty Foyle: The Natural History of a Woman
The Letter
The Long Voyage Home
Our Town
The Philadelphia Story
*Rebecca

Blossoms In the Dust
Citizen Kane
Here Comes Mr. Jordan
Hold Back the Dawn
*How Green Was My Valley
The Little Foxes
The Maltese Falcon
One Foot in Heaven
Sergeant York
Suspicion

Forty-Ninth Parallel
Kings Row
The Magnificent Ambersons
*Mrs. Miniver
The Pied Piper
The Pride of the Yankees
Random Harvest
The Talk of the Town
Wake Island
Yankee Doodle Dandy

*Casablanca (1942)
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Heaven Can Wait
The Human Comedy
In Which We Serve
Madame Curie
The More the Merrier
The Ox-Bow Incident
The Song of Bernadette
Watch on the Rhine

Double Indemnity
Gaslight
*Going My Way
Since You Went Away
Wilson

Anchors Aweigh
The Bells of St. Mary's
*The Lost Weekend (Region B)
Mildred Pierce
Spellbound

*The Best Years of Our Lives
Henry V (1944)
It's a Wonderful Life
The Razor's Edge
The Yearling

The Bishop's Wife
Crossfire
*Gentleman's Agreement
Great Expectations (1946)
Miracle on 34th Street

*Hamlet
Johnny Belinda
The Red Shoes
The Snake Pit
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

*All the King's Men
Battleground
The Heiress
A Letter to Three Wives
Twelve O'Clock High

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Twelve O'Clock High is on BD. A Letter to Three Wives coming out in the coming weeks. The Bishop's Wife announced for November. Great Expectations out in UK. It's a Wonderful Life is out. Double Indemnity is out. The Grapes of Wrath, The Great Dictator and How Green was my Valley are out. So is Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Spellbound and The Red Shoes.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Bells Of St. Mary's should be coming to Blu from Olive in the near future.Miracle On 34th St is on Blu.And you might want to double check your info on Casablanca. :)Has anyone heard of this coming out? :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Robert Crawford said:
Twelve O'Clock High is on BD. A Letter to Three Wives coming out in the coming weeks. The Bishop's Wife announced for November. Great Expectations out in UK. It's a Wonderful Life is out. Double Indemnity is out. The Grapes of Wrath, The Great Dictator and How Green was my Valley are out. So is Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Spellbound and The Red Shoes.
Thanks for these updates. I have reviewed for this site the Blu-rays of The Great Dictator, How Green Was My Valley, Spellbound, The Red Shoes, and Miracle on 34th Street. I would have done Twelve O'clock High and The Grapes of Wrath if Fox had sent them to me.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
In addition to those titles others have listed -
Henry VHamlet

are also on blu in the UK

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Who has the rights to For Whom The Bells Toll, it's the 70th anniversary and i am surprised it hasn't been released yet, if it's Paramount then the surprise is less because they seemingly do not care about catalog releases, i'd love to buy the 168 minute restored edition of the film, does anyone know what the 2 missing minutes are, i looked on IMDB and they didn't say.

It might be out in Italy from Universal, not sure, another site mentions it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
FoxyMulder said:
Who has the rights to For Whom The Bells Toll, it's the 70th anniversary and i am surprised it hasn't been released yet, if it's Paramount then the surprise is less because they seemingly do not care about catalog releases, i'd love to buy the 168 minute restored edition of the film, does anyone know what the 2 missing minutes are, i looked on IMDB and they didn't say.

It might be out in Italy from Universal, not sure, another site mentions it.
Well, you can stop blaming Paramount as Universal owns the video rights. As to the missing two minutes, more doesn't necessarily means better so I'll stick with the version I've grown to love over the years.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Robert Crawford said:
Well, you can stop blaming Paramount as Universal owns the video rights. As to the missing two minutes, more doesn't necessarily means better so I'll stick with the version I've grown to love over the years.
I mentioned that film because it was on ITV today over here, it's not that i want the two minutes although if originally released at 170 minutes then it would be nice, what i'd like to know is why they couldn't find those two minutes when they restored the film and what those two minutes are.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
FoxyMulder said:
I mentioned that film because it was on ITV today over here, it's not that i want the two minutes although if originally released at 170 minutes then it would be nice, what i'd like to know is why they couldn't find those two minutes when they restored the film and what those two minutes are.
From what I know, they were flashed back scenes and were cut right after the premiere so I doubt they have survived over the many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks