Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Transparent lines across LCD screen during DVD playback

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   jlufanatic

jlufanatic

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 30 2013 - 03:16 AM

Hi to you all! New user here!

I experience a strange and annoying picture problem during playback of certain dvds.

My equipment:

Samsung LE40B535P7WXXE (TV) (Latest official firmware, unit purchased August 2nd, 2010)

Pioneer DV-470K All Regions (DVD-Player) (Latest official firmware, unit purchased late Q4 of 2004, released in October 2004)

Goldkabel Profi Scart 1m

Goldkabel Highline Scart 2.5m

Logitech Z-2300 2.1 THX Certified Speaker System

Links to each cable:

Profi: http://goldkabel.de/...cable-flat.html

Highline: http://goldkabel.de/...cart-cable.html

The problem:

When I select Video output - Interlaced - Video - RGB there are transparent lines across the display, moving up and down. Sometimes the lines expand in width and then decrease. So far this has only appeared on two dvds: Justice League Unlimited Season 1 R1 and Batman Beyond Season releases.

When I select Video output - Component - Progressive (not using an actual Component cable), the problem is gone and does not show again. Still the RGB mode has richer colors and it is slightly sharper and more crisp.

It makes no difference which of the cables mentioned is being used.

Also, in the component/progressive mode I hardly notice any difference between highest/lowest picture settings.

With RGB however, there is a night and day difference immediately.

Kind regards,

jlufanatic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users