Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Nintendo drops Wii U $50 due to poor sales

Nintendo

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#241 of 245 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Screenwriter

• 1,095 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted December 07 2014 - 02:16 PM

They haven't said (Although the producer back at E3 said that they were considering it), but it would seem a natural.

Unfortunately though, Nintendo's online integration even today sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. So while I'm not expecting this feature to be absent, it still wouldn't surprise me if levels can't be uploaded and downloaded from a central server. 

#242 of 245 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,194 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 03:44 PM

They allowed downloading of levels in games before, like Smash Bros. Brawl on Wii (I believe) and currently with Smash Wii U.  I would imagine they would do so with Mario Maker.

The issue, as always, is in how Nintendo makes sure people don't recreate entire Mario games in it and upload them for anyone to get for "free."

#243 of 245 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Screenwriter

• 1,095 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted December 07 2014 - 03:57 PM

I suspect that the capabilities will be too limited here to recreate much. So that likely won't be much of an issue. 

Assuming that sharing is possible, I look forward to checking out people's attempts at Super Mario Bros. in the various graphical styles and its arcade cousin, Vs. Super Mario Bros (Which remains exclusive to arcades three decades after its release).

The level layouts of both would appear to be within reach of recreating with this editor, where as even just something like the wind effect and poison mushrooms in The Lost Levels has no equivalent here that we've seen. 

#244 of 245 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,328 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted December 07 2014 - 04:02 PM

They haven't said (Although the producer back at E3 said that they were considering it), but it would seem a natural.

That would be pretty neat. As a middle- or high-schooler, this would have been awesome. Back in my day, all we had were pirated copies of EA's Monster Construction Kit, which usually wouldn't load! And we liked it!

#245 of 245 OFFLINE   laser

laser

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 10:42 PM

Zelda gameplay analysis:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users