Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Generation Iron - New Bodybuilding Documentary

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted August 29 2013 - 02:58 PM

Just saw this trailer yesterday.  I think a new documentary about this sport is long overdue.  It looks like that they most of the big names of the sport involved and that should make it very interesting.  

It is too bad that so many people quickly write off bodybuilding as a serious sport.  When one looks at the life these guys have to live, I would say that they put in more hours per week than any other athlete.  They truly live and breath this sport.  

In the one clip in the trailer, one of the guys says how people will tell him "Well, I could just do steroids and be like you." and he correctly says, "No.  No couldnt."  People have no idea the work that goes into building a body like that and how you have to be genetically gifted to begin with to put your body through such torture.  Sure, they use drugs as it seems most sports do.  But wow, do they put in the hours and years of effort.

Really looking forward to this.

http://www.imdb.com/...ef_=fn_tt_tt_20

Scott A. McGillivray
Vancouver, B.C.

Struggling Actor and Movie Nut!
(Check out my profile on IMDB!)http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1425496/

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs

Supporting Actor

• 906 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for the link.  Looks great.  I'm adding this to my list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users