Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Star Trek Into Darkness on iTunes out today

Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#101 of 129 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,460 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 01:30 PM

Steve, you mean this enhanced commentary is not simply the movie with the audio commentary with all the pauses and additional stuff all contained in a recording? What is it that requires playback from a computer that restricts it from an I device? This makes me curious to look into.

#102 of 129 ONLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,346 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:06 PM

What kind of PC do you have Wayne? I have a Dell and do not have that option.

Edited by Tino, September 05 2013 - 02:07 PM.

It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#103 of 129 OFFLINE   Wayne_j

Wayne_j

Supporting Actor

• 594 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:14 PM

I have a dell with iTunes 11.0.5.5.  Your version of iTunes probably has more to do with having the option to do this than your type of PC.  The following link should explain how to get airplay to work.

http://ipod.about.co...irtunes-use.htm

#104 of 129 ONLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,346 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:34 PM

I have the same version of iTunes and I have no option for AirPlay on any films in my library

#105 of 129 OFFLINE   Wayne_j

Wayne_j

Supporting Actor

• 594 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:55 PM

while the movie is playing on  your PC, move your mouse and click on the button circled in red.

airplay.png

#106 of 129 ONLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,346 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted September 05 2013 - 03:06 PM

Not there. Thanks anyway Wayne

Edited by Tino, September 05 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#107 of 129 ONLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,346 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted September 05 2013 - 03:07 PM

I've used airplay from my iPhone and iPad so I'm familiar with it and the icon. It's just not available on my iTunes and its driving me nuts.

#108 of 129 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,528 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted September 05 2013 - 03:28 PM

Steve, you mean this enhanced commentary is not simply the movie with the audio commentary with all the pauses and additional stuff all contained in a recording? What is it that requires playback from a computer that restricts it from an I device? This makes me curious to look into.

It's an iTunes Extra. iTunes Extras don't play on iDevices.

#109 of 129 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,460 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 04:11 PM

Steve, so it's not because its at 1080 resolution? Since a file stored on the iPad can't play at that resolution?

I need to learn more about the iTunes Extras then. But the extras can be seen on the I devices if streamed from Apple TV? Maybe during the Apple event next week, a new Apple TV will be announced and I'll finally get one.

#110 of 129 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,528 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted September 05 2013 - 04:19 PM

You can stream to an Apple TV, at 1080p from a Mac, PC, or iDevice.  You can't stream from an Apple TV to anything else.  You can playback on an iPad at 1080p (I played the regular version of STID that way).  (Disclaimer, I have an iPad 4th generation with retina display.)

Or you can be like me and just play the iTunes Extras on your computer monitor.  Mine is large enough to where it looks pretty good.

BTW, the iTunes Extras included 5 featurettes, although one of them was not really related to the movie.

#111 of 129 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,460 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 08:59 PM

Thanks Steve, that's what I was thinking, if it's even possible to stream regular film files from iTunes to an I device from a Mac. Not from Apple TV.

#112 of 129 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,906 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 04:25 AM

So, what does the Amazon version have? It's outrageous that I even have to ask, but Amazon doesn't list extras that I can see.

#113 of 129 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,460 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 07:01 AM

The Amazon extra is you pay more for a replica of a phaser.

http://www.amazon.co...darkness phaser

Edited by Nelson Au, September 06 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#114 of 129 OFFLINE   Cinescott

Cinescott

Supporting Actor

• 838 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted September 06 2013 - 07:54 AM

The Amazon extra is you pay more for a replica of a phaser.

http://www.amazon.co...darkness phaser

$50 over the standard 3D price seems like a lot for that replica.

"There are two types of people in the world, my friend. Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

#115 of 129 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,460 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 11:40 AM

The pricing for well made replicas can be much higher. This replica is a stunt phaser. Not the super nice ones for close ups. According to Qmx, there will be a more screen accurate version coming next year. I'm not a fan of this design. I prefer the originals.

This is what you get:

http://store.qmxonli...lica_p_126.html

#116 of 129 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,906 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 01:07 PM

I meant what extras come on the disc from Amazon? I do not care about deluxe editions with tchotchkes.

#117 of 129 ONLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,346 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted September 06 2013 - 01:19 PM

Standard extras that were announced. No exclusive extras. Check out the review on this site for those extras.

http://www.hometheat...blu-ray-review/

Edited by Tino, September 06 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#118 of 129 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,152 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted September 10 2013 - 04:11 AM

I don't give a flying fig about the "extra extras" or the commentary track or especially iTunes. (I'm an admitted Apple hater from way back.)

I've not yet even seen STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS. We had just gotten a new puppy when the film was released in theaters, and by the time she was old enough to leave for a few hours, it was gone. This was the very first STAR TREK film of any kind that I didn't see on a big screen on opening weekend. But then again, this generation of films isn't quite my cup of "earl grey" either, so it wasn't a tragedy that I hadn't seen it. Inevitably the Blu-ray would come along.

And - as I'd not yet gotten a Blu-ray for the first JJ Abrams film (only a DVD), MY BEST OPTION will be to go to Walmart and pick up their two-fer pack of both films on Blu-ray for just under twenty bucks. Whatever extras are contained on any of the discs will be good enough for me. I'll probably never watch them.

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#119 of 129 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,152 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted September 10 2013 - 02:01 PM

And so it went. We went to Walmart today, and found the two-fer STAR TREK pack. I took it up to the entertainment area counter because I just had a feeling that it wouldn't ring up correctly at the register. And I was right - it didn't. 

After bringing it to their attention, they rang it up manually. Thankfully they had a copy of their own ad right there, because I hadn't thought to do so. So I've now got the Blu-rays for both of the Abrams TREK movies.

Now for time to watch the new one...

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#120 of 129 OFFLINE   Cinescott

Cinescott

Supporting Actor

• 838 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted September 10 2013 - 02:52 PM

Received the standard 2D from Amazon today. Image quality is spectacular. Glad I bought it.

Downloading the extras via digital copy. It's gonna be a long wait. Harbinger of things to come???

"There are two types of people in the world, my friend. Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paramount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users