• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

• 1,834 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted August 27 2013 - 08:02 PM

Apple’s TV line-up continues to expand in scope.  Apple has added five more apps to its Web TV box, including content  from Disney, the Weather Channel and Vevo.

Some of the apps are free, and offer on-demand programming to anyone with an Internet connection. Two apps from Disney — Disney Channel and Disney XD — also provide live “linear” programming, but only to pay TV subscribers whose providers have a deal with Disney.

This is the second time Apple TV has added content.  In June, Apple added high-profile apps from ESPN and HBO, along with a few others.

Is this a sag-way into what ultimately could be the Apple HDTV?

Anyone that has Apple TV use the new content?

Kevin Collins
To View My HD Collection Click Here

#2 of 4 Cory S.

Cory S.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 12:59 AM

I used Vevo for almost 2 hours last night.  It was a nostalgia thing.  I went back to see how many old music videos from my youth were available and I was shocked to find that I added over sixty videos on my playlists.  My wife and I had a ball with Vevo last night.  

Also set up Weather Channel as well.  Really wanted to use the Disney apps but Time Warner isn't listed as a cable provider yet.  I kind of really need Time Warner and Disney to get together on that one because I have kids and I'd rather use Apple's UI on the Apple TV than the damn cable box.  

"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves.  But, not the one it needs right now.  So, we'll hunt.  Because he can take.  Because, he's not a hero.  He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.  A DARK KNIGHT."

#3 of 4 Pawl

Pawl

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted September 02 2013 - 07:51 AM

I use HBO to Go, The Weather Channel, and The Disney Channel. I wish they would add Redbox to the line-up.

#4 of 4 Patrick Donahue

Patrick Donahue

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted September 02 2013 - 12:41 PM

I just want them to add anything that would allow me to watch my UV collection on my Apple TV. I prefer to buy digitally via UV, but I prefer Apple Interface over other devices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users