What's new

Hello From Michigan! (1 Viewer)

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Hi everyone! I'm glad to be a member of your group. I am what feels like a lifetime student and I work in retail (for now). I'm a recent graduate from the University of Detroit Mercy with a Masters in Economics and I'm working on my MBA now while I look for schools to get my Ph D from. I love teaching (at the college level) and plan to do so as soon as an opportunity presents itself.

On the side I do home theater install and photography for extra cash and for the fun of it. I love stereos and have been adding to mine for years now.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Welcome to the forum, Jacob. It's a great place. I'm originally from Michigan and still follow the Detroit sports teams and the University of Michigan. I also have an interest in economics, but it has remained more of a hobby for me. I tend to be more interested in the behavioral side which I know is anathema to many "proper" economists. Where are you looking at PhD programs?

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Thanks for the welcome. I am also a University of Michigan fan. I really enjoy watching them play football and I am excited about this year's season.

In America the only school I am considering at the moment is George Mason. In Canada I am considering Gaulph. In France I am considering Angers. In Spain I am considering King Jaun Carlos. What do all this schools have in common? They all offer a Ph D in Austrian Economics, which I am heavily into. The Austrians tend to be more into human action, so they too would be considered "proper" economists. If they do not offer what I am looking for I may just get a Ph D in Business Administrations at school that will let me write my dissertation on economics.

Where do u hail from now? Which Sports do u watch?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I now live in Oklahoma. I follow a lot of sports---probably too many. My favorites are probably college football, hockey and basketball. I am really looking forward to college football season starting. Michigan should have a good year and will be fun to watch. My second team is Oklahoma State. I'm hoping they have a good season too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks