• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Northgun

Northgun

Stunt Coordinator

• 207 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 27 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hi everyone! I'm glad to be a member of your group. I am what feels like a lifetime student and I work in retail (for now). I'm a recent graduate from the University of Detroit Mercy with a Masters in Economics and I'm working on my MBA now while I look for schools to get my Ph D from. I love teaching (at the college level) and plan to do so as soon as an opportunity presents itself.

On the side I do home theater install and photography for extra cash and for the fun of it. I love stereos and have been adding to mine for years now.

#2 of 6 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,505 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted August 27 2013 - 04:01 PM

Welcome to Home Theater Forum, Jacob!

#3 of 6 Northgun

Northgun

Stunt Coordinator

• 207 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 27 2013 - 05:07 PM

Thank u Steve  :)

#4 of 6 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,523 posts

Posted August 27 2013 - 07:05 PM

Welcome to the forum, Jacob. It's a great place. I'm originally from Michigan and still follow the Detroit sports teams and the University of Michigan. I also have an interest in economics, but it has remained more of a hobby for me. I tend to be more interested in the behavioral side which I know is anathema to many "proper" economists. Where are you looking at PhD programs? 

#5 of 6 Northgun

Northgun

Stunt Coordinator

• 207 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 27 2013 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I am also a University of Michigan fan. I really enjoy watching them play football and I am excited about this year's season. 

In America the only school I am considering at the moment is George Mason. In Canada I am considering Gaulph. In France I am considering Angers. In Spain I am considering King Jaun Carlos. What do all this schools have in common? They all offer a Ph D in Austrian Economics, which I am heavily into. The Austrians tend to be more into human action, so they too would be considered "proper" economists. If they do not offer what I am looking for I may just get a Ph D in Business Administrations at school that will let me write my dissertation on economics.

Where do u hail from now? Which Sports do u watch?

#6 of 6 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,523 posts

Posted August 29 2013 - 01:16 PM

I now live in Oklahoma. I follow a lot of sports---probably too many. My favorites are probably college football, hockey and basketball.  I am really looking forward to college football season starting. Michigan should have a good year and will be fun to watch. My second team is Oklahoma State. I'm hoping they have a good season too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users