Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

2 Dual LNBs and Multiswitches

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Wes Stover

Wes Stover

Stunt Coordinator

• 53 posts

Posted December 30 2001 - 02:30 PM

I noticed on most multiswitches that LNB A is marked 13/14V and LNB B is marked 17/18V. How would I know which connector on the LNB is 13/14V and which is 17/18V????? I see no markings... HELP Thanks, Wes

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Mike Tondreault

Mike Tondreault

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted December 30 2001 - 10:10 PM

I have no tecnical answer to this, but I will tell you what I ran in to when switching multiswitches. When the cables were reversed, I still got channels but not all of them. After asking this forum and others, I found that I was only receiving half of the transponders. After switching them around, all was fine. I hat to say trial and error, but it worked. Hope this helps.Posted Image

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,226 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted December 31 2001 - 05:43 AM

It doesn't matter which connector on the LNB goes to either of the two inputs on the switch, just make sure both inputs are connected to the same LNB. The mult-switch will send a constant 13V DC signal to one output of the LNB and a constant 18V DC signal to the other output of the LNB. This locks on output of the LNB to the odd channels and the other output to even channels. Same thing for the C and D connections that go to the 119 LNB but the switch only "switches" to these inputs when it receives the 22Khz tone. When you turn your receiver to a channel, it sends out either 13V, 18V, 13V+22Khz tone or 18V+22Khz tone. The switch will connect the receiver to the correct LNB based on the voltage/signal combo. It happens instantly so you never know it's switching LNBs/satellites. -Robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users