Wanting more power

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 AVTrey

AVTrey

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hello, new to the forum and looking for an answer.

I have a Yamaha HTR-5540 with a couple of big speaker bought at a garage sale. (No model numbers on them, just says Pro Audio on the front and are equipped with a 15" sub woofer each.) I know the speakers can handle more and i'm looking for a solution without spending more than a couple hundred dollars. What are your suggestions?

Edited by AVTrey, August 26 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#2 of 2 Type A

Type A

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted August 27 2013 - 06:41 AM

Welcome to the forum Trey   :)

It looks like your AVR has a stereo pre out labeled "AV output" but I would verify if its a fixed line level output or variable line level output (ie controlled by the volume control of the AVR) before pulling the trigger on an external amp. 

If it is variable output I highly recommend an Emotiva amp.  Great return policy so if it doesnt make the difference you were hoping you can send it back no questions asked.  I owned their previous generation UPA-2 amp and it was a solid little amp, I would look at their current generation UPA-200...

http://shop.emotiva....products/upa200

BTW the resale value on their amps is awesome.   If you ever need to get it sold after the return window has expired you can easily sell it for almost what you spent on it.

JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106"
Paradigm Studio V.5 20 (5) & ADP590 (2)  
Hsu VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2)

Yamaha RX-A3010 & Emotiva XPA5
Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP 5000

*My Home Theater Photo Journal*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users