What's new

Wanting more power (1 Viewer)

AVTrey

Auditioning
Real Name
Trey
Hello, new to the forum and looking for an answer.

I have a Yamaha HTR-5540 with a couple of big speaker bought at a garage sale. (No model numbers on them, just says Pro Audio on the front and are equipped with a 15" sub woofer each.) I know the speakers can handle more and i'm looking for a solution without spending more than a couple hundred dollars. What are your suggestions?

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Welcome to the forum Trey :)

It looks like your AVR has a stereo pre out labeled "AV output" but I would verify if its a fixed line level output or variable line level output (ie controlled by the volume control of the AVR) before pulling the trigger on an external amp.

If it is variable output I highly recommend an Emotiva amp. Great return policy so if it doesnt make the difference you were hoping you can send it back no questions asked. I owned their previous generation UPA-2 amp and it was a solid little amp, I would look at their current generation UPA-200...

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/ultra-series/products/upa200

BTW the resale value on their amps is awesome. If you ever need to get it sold after the return window has expired you can easily sell it for almost what you spent on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks