What's new

How About 1984's "The Killing Fields"? (1 Viewer)

Cinescott

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
This is a film I have found extremely moving for 30 years now and would love to see a Blu-ray. Dr. Haing Ngor's performance is remarkable, especially given his true life story in Cambodia during the Khmer Rouge regime. A well-deserved Academy Award.

The fact that Dr. Ngor managed to survive the genocide during the 70s there, but die in Los Angeles at the hands of a thief never ceases to amaze me.

Barring an American release, are the imports of any quality? I haven't seen any reviews.

The existing DVD is certainly poor, with fading and print damage. Watchable, but could be so much better.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The Kulter Spigel edition from Germany I excellent -- it contains the same bonus features (commentary, trailer) as the domestic Warner Bros DVD, and the PQ Is totally fine. I cannot vouch or the Studio Canal edition.

Cinescott

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
The Amazon Germany website states the Spigel Edition as Region B. There's no mention of a region code for the Studio Canal version, although in the fine print both are listed as Studio Canal. Will the Spigel Edition play in a Region A player? There's a pretty significant price difference for some reason.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
The Amazon Germany website states the Spigel Edition as Region B. There's no mention of a region code for the Studio Canal version, although in the fine print both are listed as Studio Canal. Will the Spigel Edition play in a Region A player? There's a pretty significant price difference for some reason.
I had the Dutch Blu Ray, I would not recommend it to be honest, PQ is very poor.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
This is another of my favorites. The Acting is incredible, Dr. Ngor's performance in particular. It IS extremely moving, and I cry just about every time I watch it. Hopefully, it'll come soon. A Bio of Dr. Ngor would be welcome on the Blu.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This is one of a hundred or so films I cannot believe hasn't been released in the U.S. by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks