Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Oppo BDP-93 HDMI 1 issues

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Type A

Type A

Supporting Actor

• 800 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted August 25 2013 - 02:00 PM

Any other 93 owners find their HDMI 1 output takes forever to handshake?  I had contacted Oppo on this but they only recommended trying another cable, they also mentioned that the QDEO processor can be a little finicky.  Any time I have initial power-up or when launching a video (disk or Netflix) theres lots of purple and snow flashing back and forth for, what seems like, forever.  If I swap to HDMI 2 it solves this issue immediately.I purchased this player, in no small part, for the HDMI 1 output so Im really hoping to find if others have this issue.  Pretty sure its not my system.   Ive run this player with multiple displays, AVRs and cables and always the same result.  Last thing I want to do is go through the time and trouble of boxing, shipping, and just plain being without my beloved Oppo only to be told that my player is "operating within specifications."

JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106"
Paradigm Studio V.5 20 (5) & ADP590 (2)  
Hsu VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2)

Yamaha RX-A3010 & Emotiva XPA5
Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP 5000

*My Home Theater Photo Journal*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users