-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Fleischer Classics featuring Gulliver's Travels" (1939) coming to Blu-ray

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#161 of 167 BJQ1972

BJQ1972

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 01:56 AM

For those who want their digital copy. I've checked both discs and could see no sign of any video files other than the VOBs etc.

I have unfortunately found my disc to have some authoring errors - I tried to select the 'Select Cartoon' option and my UK PS3 froze. I've had a bit of trouble getting the full disc to play on my laptop (With a Samsung External BD Drive) and it took an extremely long time to load. When I selected 'Select Cartoon' it moves to the correct menu screen, but it displays with lots of corruption.

The main movie appears to be fine, however.

It's a shame, and I'm loath to mention it because of the nature of Thunderbean's operation, but you may need to be aware of whether the disc will play properly on your player before purchase.

#162 of 167 Fritz Nilsen

Fritz Nilsen

Second Unit

• 396 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 03:56 AM

For those who want their digital copy. I've checked both discs and could see no sign of any video files other than the VOBs etc.

I have unfortunately found my disc to have some authoring errors - I tried to select the 'Select Cartoon' option and my UK PS3 froze. I've had a bit of trouble getting the full disc to play on my laptop (With a Samsung External BD Drive) and it took an extremely long time to load. When I selected 'Select Cartoon' it moves to the correct menu screen, but it displays with lots of corruption.

The main movie appears to be fine, however.

It's a shame, and I'm loath to mention it because of the nature of Thunderbean's operation, but you may need to be aware of whether the disc will play properly on your player before purchase.

Played just fine in my Region B PS3 and my Oppo BD-83. I think you have a faulty disc.

#163 of 167 Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,213 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 01:00 PM

"Who cares about a digital copy? Do you seriously need to watch GULLIVER'S TRAVELS on your iPhone?"

I don't really use these digital copies, but I guess the point is that you can ALSO watch this film from iPhone or iPad. Many of us has children, you know.

#164 of 167 JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,534 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 01:09 PM

If you email him, I'm sure he'll be able to arrange a replacement.

#165 of 167 Thunderbean

Thunderbean

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 04:03 PM

If you email him, I'm sure he'll be able to arrange a replacement.

Check closely to see if the disc has a fingerprint or a scratch on it. I'll gladly replace of course if it's not working right!

#166 of 167 Doug Bull

Doug Bull

Advanced Member

• 1,497 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted March 19 2014 - 07:16 PM

It's reached Australia!!

My copy arrived today.

No prizes for guessing which movie will be screening here tonight.

travels4.jpg

Much gratitude to Thunderbean and all involved for making this momentous undertaking become a magnificent reality.

Doug.

• cwilli likes this

#167 of 167 Konstantinos

Konstantinos

Stunt Coordinator

• 226 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 05:12 AM

POPULAR

This is trully an outstanding disc and i really hope Disney could follow Thunderbean's example and release again all its films like this!

Meaning, no degraining processes, no scrubbing, no serious alterations of colours.

Just beautiful restorations of its 35mm films.

• ThadK, ahollis and Retro00064 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users