Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Survivor - Blood vs. Water Season 27

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 of 111 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,037 posts

Posted December 15 2013 - 10:17 PM

Tyson played a great game and deserved to win.

#102 of 111 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,775 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 15 2013 - 11:27 PM

A pretty cut and dry final tribal council...and vote. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#103 of 111 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,457 posts

Posted December 16 2013 - 06:39 AM

I don't think the season as it was presented would have been satisfying if Tyson had lost. Then again, they would have edited it differently if he hadn't won. Neither Monica nor Gervase had even a modicum of a case to win over Tyson.

On a macro level, this season was not unlike One World -- clear cut winner from the get go inevitably takes it in the end. But Tyson is much more entertaining than Kim was. And way things had to break for Tyson (winning out immunity, drawing a white rock, finding two HII's) made it seem less inevitable on an episode to episode basis.

Oh, and Ciera sure cleaned up nice. 

#104 of 111 OFFLINE   Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

• 1,527 posts

Posted December 16 2013 - 06:41 AM

Agreed. Not much drama, but Tyson was a very deserving winner. I thought Vytas's decision to not vote Tyson "because I promised that when Tyson didn't go for my desperation play when my head was on the block" was BS. That's not a bad decision by Tyson. That situation was Vytas's doing and penalizing Tyson for not abandoning his alliance was hollow.

#105 of 111 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted December 16 2013 - 07:36 PM

Finished pretty much as expected. Everybody cleaned up really nice and Tyson turned out to be a pretty decent guy outside of the game.

Whatever happened to the second place prize, actually the "fan favorite"? I always recall a favorite receiving $50K or $100K in the past, or maybe I'm thinking of a different show. Then again, the ending seemed really rushed to fit the time slot, so maybe they skipped that part.

Stan

#106 of 111 OFFLINE   Dheiner

Dheiner

Gazoo

• 1,882 posts
  • Location'skonsen

Posted December 17 2013 - 04:24 AM

Finished pretty much as expected. Everybody cleaned up really nice and Tyson turned out to be a pretty decent guy outside of the game.

Whatever happened to the second place prize, actually the "fan favorite"? I always recall a favorite receiving $50K or $100K in the past, or maybe I'm thinking of a different show. Then again, the ending seemed really rushed to fit the time slot, so maybe they skipped that part.

Probably because they wasted time with Colton.

The Green Bay Packers
13-Time National Football League Champions: 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, & 2010

#107 of 111 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,457 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 05:03 AM

I'm assuming it's because Sprint is no longer a sponsor so there wasn't anyone to pay for it.

#108 of 111 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,775 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 17 2013 - 06:57 AM

Probably because they wasted time with Colton.

I was surprised they even invited him to participate.

And then we had to listen to him stumble through what he's "learned about himself" from being on Survivor.  speechless-smiley-034.gif   My doctor will be removing the icepicks from my ears later today.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#109 of 111 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,249 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 01:07 AM

Guys and Gals,

This was the first season of Survivor that I have missed in the last few years.

I am working a new job.  Just didn't have time to watch.

Was it a good season compared to others?  Were there past survivor "stars" returning?

I am getting ready for the premier of Survivor Cagayan next week.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#110 of 111 OFFLINE   Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

• 1,527 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 02:12 PM

Half of the show was made up of returnees, though not survivor superstars across the board. The other half was made up of a family member or friend of each of the returnees, giving the season its Blood v. Water identifier. The dynamic was definitely different because of the natural pairs of allies spread throughout the tribes. Like most seasons of Survivor, some things worked and some didn't. Some challenges were excellent and some weren't. Some individual and tribe decisions were brilliant and others weren't. I liked the season. Not to dismiss the complaints, but I thought they fell into similar categories of complaints about past seasons. Players aren't good, challenges are too easy, not enough tribe time, too much tribe time, etc. For me, the simple brilliance and conflict of the game is always entertaining and it was in this season.

#111 of 111 OFFLINE   Dheiner

Dheiner

Gazoo

• 1,882 posts
  • Location'skonsen

Posted February 17 2014 - 05:22 PM

I would really like to see a game played just like the first one.  I'd like to see how quickly players would realize it and adapt their strategy to "no- hidden idol, no tribe swap, reward and immunity challenge every 3 days, and the big one, find your own (Non reward) food.

The Green Bay Packers
13-Time National Football League Champions: 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, & 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users