Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Luther is back for a third time starting on September 3rd.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,126 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 21 2013 - 01:12 PM

One of my favorite TV shows is coming back again starting on September 3rd as John Luther/Idris Elba returns to the force.  Also, one of my favorite TV characters will be appearing too as Alice makes her return midseason.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#2 of 14 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,126 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 21 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hell with that, I just bought the UK DVD!

Crawdaddy

#3 of 14 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,126 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 26 2013 - 04:10 PM

I must be the only fan of Luther.  Anyhow I ordered the DVD from UK on the 21st and received today, the 26th.  Not bad from UK to Michigan.

I watched all four episodes too and I was very happy with how this series ended.

Crawdaddy

#4 of 14 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,534 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 04:31 PM

I must be the only fan of Luther. Anyhow I ordered the DVD from UK on the 21st and received today, the 26th. Not bad from UK to Michigan.

I watched all four episodes too and I was very happy with how this series ended.

My wife and I absolutely love this show. I have the DVR set up and am eagerly awaiting its premiere. Of course, my family back home (in the UK) have all already seen it but fortunately can keep spoilers to a minimum.
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#5 of 14 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,126 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 26 2013 - 04:44 PM

My wife and I absolutely love this show. I have the DVR set up and am eagerly awaiting its premiere. Of course, my family back home (in the UK) have all already seen it but fortunately can keep spoilers to a minimum.

Great Neil then we can discuss after next week's showings.

Crawdaddy

#6 of 14 Joe Bernardi

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor

• 748 posts
  • LocationDC area

Posted August 27 2013 - 08:09 AM

My wife and I are also fans of the show, but even more, fans of Idris Elba who was imho the best thing about The Wire.

#7 of 14 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,573 posts

Posted August 27 2013 - 11:28 AM

My wife and I are also fans of the show, but even more, fans of Idris Elba who was imho the best thing about The Wire.

I have not had the pleasure of seeing Luther, but I concur regarding Idris Elba.  I've enjoyed him in just about everything that I've seen with him.  I really liked him in his role in Takers, sort of a more contemporary version of Heat, which is worth seeing for fans of the crime genre.  (Not in the same ballpark as Heat, but worth a look for fans of the genre.)

- Walter.

Edited by Walter Kittel, August 27 2013 - 11:30 AM.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#8 of 14 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,126 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 27 2013 - 11:38 AM

I have not had the pleasure of seeing Luther, but I concur regarding Idris Elba.  I've enjoyed him in just about everything that I've seen with him.  I really liked him in his role in Takers, sort of a more contemporary version of Heat, which is worth seeing for fans of the crime genre.  (Not in the same ballpark as Heat, but worth a look for fans of the genre.)

- Walter.

Hopefully, in the upcoming Mandela film, Elba will achieve some star status for himself.

Crawdaddy

#9 of 14 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,126 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 03 2013 - 08:23 AM

Luther on the next four nights starting tonight.

Crawdaddy

#10 of 14 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,534 posts

Posted September 10 2013 - 05:36 PM

Luther on the next four nights starting tonight.

My wife and I are just tonight able to start watching the new episodes - the first episode was a real corker! Such great television!!
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#11 of 14 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,534 posts

Posted September 12 2013 - 05:53 PM

Well, we just finished up season 3 - really good stuff. Some conveniences aside, this season was dramatically intense and, performance wise, second to none right now.

Here's hoping that's not the last we see of Luther, or the magnetic performance of the gifted and troubled DCI given by Idris!

Fans of this show should also check out The Fall starring Gillian Anderson - that show and Luther might just be the two best crime shows I've ever seen (not counting Inspector Morse and its spin offs).
My DVD Collection

#12 of 14 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,126 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 13 2013 - 06:27 AM

Neil,

What is your take on the ending?  My take is the following in spoilers.

Spoiler

Crawdaddy

#13 of 14 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,126 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 13 2013 - 06:33 AM

By the way, I went back to the first season on DVD and rewatched them.  The scenes with Ruth and Idris are quite compelling as you can see why each is drawn to the other as they play their cat and mouse game with both of them playing either role during that season.

Crawdaddy

#14 of 14 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,534 posts

Posted September 23 2013 - 11:08 AM

Neil,

What is your take on the ending?  My take is the following in spoilers.

Spoiler

I love the somewhat ambigous nature of the ending. My wife and I spent some time discussing what we were to take from who he met and where. I like to think that the relationship he established during this season isn't over - and that

Spoiler

This really was a great season.

My DVD Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users