• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#201 of 208 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,993 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted July 13 2014 - 03:11 PM

So, "it just didn't make sense for us to have another season [of Community] at that level of audience," but with regards to Hannibal: "We still struggle to find an audience for it. It's great, we're keeping it going..."

Not to say that Hannibal should be cancelled (that is the exact opposite of what I want), and there's the fact that NBC only owned a portion of Community (with Hannibal being internationally co-financed), but if you're going to tell us that it made no sense to keep Community because of low ratings, then why are you also talking about how "great" Hannibal is, despite its ratings? The logic seems to be off, here.

Can Greenblatt just admit that he doesn't like/doesn't understand Community?

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#202 of 208 Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,055 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted August 14 2014 - 02:18 PM

Question about Community.

I have heard a lot of great things about the show so thought I would start from Season 1. Trouble is I'm eight episodes in and I have to say I haven't particularly found it interesting or funny by and large apart from a couple of moments.

I just wondered if there is a particular episode that stands out in Season 1 or is the show pretty similar from hereon out and Im unlikely to enjoy it.  Some of the comments I have read previously made it sound like it would be something I would like and Im surprised.

#203 of 208 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,993 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 02:54 PM

Paintball. ;)

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#204 of 208 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,792 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 14 2014 - 03:03 PM

It took me maybe half the season to really get into the show. There wasn't one particular episode that I remember where I fell in love, it was more like that by watching week to week, I began to like the show and characters more and more until it became one of my favorites.

I'll echo JoshEH and say that the paintball season finale is a great one.

#205 of 208 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,423 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted August 14 2014 - 03:24 PM

Modern Warfare (AKA the paintball episode) actually wasn't the finale, that was the one involving the transfer dance.

But the genius of the paintball episode generated more concept episodes, which soon became gimmicky and sort of a crutch, with only a couple exceptions (though the cast and crew no doubt had loads of fun making them).

When the episodes got back to simple character interaction, those proved to be much stronger moments in the series.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#206 of 208 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,993 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 03:35 PM

Also:

"Schmitty," and Nazi Windmills.

And the season finale is absolutely killer, but it kinda helps to have seen several of the preceding buildup-episodes to get the full impact.

#207 of 208 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,792 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 14 2014 - 05:14 PM

Modern Warfare (AKA the paintball episode) actually wasn't the finale, that was the one involving the transfer dance.

Oh yeah. That's what happens when you haven't seen the episode in years. :)

...it kinda helps to have seen several of the preceding buildup-episodes to get the full impact.

Absolutely. If you've never seen the show before, you could enjoy it or the paintball episode as fun episodes but they mean more and work better if you've seen the characters throughout the whole season.

#208 of 208 Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,055 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted August 15 2014 - 01:43 AM

Ok thanks, I have Season 1 in total now so I will probably keep going till I have finished it and see from there whether to bother with the rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users