What's new

International 1910's, 1920's, and 1930's: Excellent or Exclusive Imports (1 Viewer)

jra66

Agent
Real Name
Jason Ader
DVD or Blu

I am looking for international film collections or single discs that may be exclusive or excellent releases from the early 20th century. For example. I just ordered an 8 Disc Douglas Fairbanks collection from Germany.

http://www.amazon.de/Douglas-Fairbanks-Sr-8er-Komplett-Package-DVDs/dp/B0041OE39A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377090113&sr=8-1&keywords=douglas+fairbanks

I've also recently picked up the 1935 Three Musketeers from Spain.

I've done well in my classic film collection to cover the 40's and 50's but I know little of anything prior. Amazon.com seems to be littered with public domain and other random releases from the early part of the century. Only Kino and Criterion seem to do a decent job of releasing these earlier films, but rarely in collections like above. What else has been released that I may be missing.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, it kind of depends on which format you are looking for.For Blu-ray, the teens/twenties (silent era) is limited. Chaplains, Keaton's, D.W. Griffith, etc. The Thirties has a lot of titles. Probably a few hundred titles.Now if you are thinking DVD, there are thousands of titles available, especially once you get to the sound era.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Warner Archives has hundreds of DVD mod titles that fit your request and the quality is usually most reliable.

Go to their site and take a look, you are sure to be impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.