What's new

Star Trek Into Darkness iTunes (1 Viewer)

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Interesting development. It seems, as part of the iTunes extras, INTO DARKNESS has an enhanced commentary track, exclusive to iTunes. Get this; the enhanced commentary is the IMAX version of the film, i.e., footage shot with the IMAX cameras opens up to 1.78.

This is a seconded encoded file, as part of iTunes Extras. The first encoded file (the film itself) is in 2.39, with no commentary track. Even more interesting is that the BD will not have an IMAX version of the film on any of the releases.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Cory S. said:
Interesting development. It seems, as part of the iTunes extras, INTO DARKNESS has an enhanced commentary track, exclusive to iTunes. Get this; the enhanced commentary is the IMAX version of the film, i.e., footage shot with the IMAX cameras opens up to 1.78.

This is a seconded encoded file, as part of iTunes Extras. The first encoded file (the film itself) is in 2.39, with no commentary track. Even more interesting is that the BD will not have an IMAX version of the film on any of the releases.
Can I get the 3D version through itunes like I can on BD?

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
iTunes Extras can only be viewed on your computer, right? They don't work on the Apple TV, do they?

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Currently, that is correct. Only the computer can play iTunes extras.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
@Neil,

Not necessarily. I AirPlay'ed this enhanced commentary (in HD) from my PC to my living room TV that has an Apple TV hooked to it and it worked beautifully. I did the same thing a while ago with the iTunes version of Prometheus with the commentary by Ridley Scott. Worked just as well.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
I happened to try it by accident. When I was watching my digital copy of Prometheus with the commentary, I saw the AirPlay icon on my computer. I figured, "what the hell, give it a try." And it worked beautifully. Same thing here, although the enhanced commentary balloons the film for another 30 minutes than the film itself, so I thought my wifi wouldn't be able to do it.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
It's playing on my TV now. It's not HD, but the aspect ratio is indeed shifting. Thanks for the tip!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Damn. Thought it was in HD. The regular iTunes version is in HD correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks