Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Tell Me About Soundbars

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 20 2013 - 05:43 AM

Good Morning Home Theater.  I have stumbled across this forum so I doing what any normal person does these days.  Going to the internet for a solution.  This is my first time posting.  Please be gentle.

We are building a home and I have some A/V issues that I am trying to figure out as the home is being constructed.  I have very limited knowledge of this topic, but I want to have a plan going into this so I can figure out what I need to buy.

Our living room with be the biggest issue.  We will have a media room up-stairs so I don’t want a rockin setup, just something that sounds good.  The room size is about 15 x 15 and the TV will be mounted on the stone fireplace about 6' off the floor.  The components will be housed in a closet that is ~37 feet away and I will be using a BD Player and a cable box (AT&T).The issue is the sound.  So, I have thought about getting a soundbar and mounting below the TV on the fireplace.  That would be the easy solution, but the builder is also adding 2 speaker cut-outs in the ceiling in the back of the room.  I would like to incorporate those into the sound bar, but I am reading that is not an option.  That true?

Would a sound bar provide enough audio for the size of the room?  If so, which one and would it sound good?

Thank You.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,224 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted August 20 2013 - 06:18 AM

Your best option is an actual receiver with a three channel passive soundbar(Pinnacle QP or Leon in Michigan. Just two of hundreds upon hundreds of options).

Your other option is a Yamaha "soundbar system" (they have 4 or 5 if them) that includes the use of rear speakers. The hoop, and a big one, is to figure out if any of them can use in-wall speakers.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   hilde.bijkersalakory

hilde.bijkersalakory

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 06:06 AM

I woud not use à soundtrack but à 2.1 setup u get à better sound.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   hilde.bijkersalakory

hilde.bijkersalakory

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 06:08 AM

I mean soundbar offcourse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users