Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hey all

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   KWJK213

KWJK213

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted August 16 2013 - 10:57 AM

Just wanted to say hello to all. I have been following for some time trying to figure out what receiver to buy so I decided to join to pick your brains.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker

Screenwriter

• 1,051 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted August 21 2013 - 05:10 PM

Hello and welcome!

I am no expert but I purchased a HK AVR 1700 (that is a lower end model) several months ago and I have been very happy with it. I am running a 3.1 configuration (5.1 minus the rear surrounds) and it has worked great in my small apartment.

There are a lot of nice receivers out there which will make the choice tough. I was looking at Harman Kardon, Denon and Pioneer for the most part.

-Keith

As far as I'm concerned, it's a damned shame that a field as potentially dynamic and vital as journalism should be overrun with dullards, bums, and hacks, hag-ridden with myopia, apathy, and complacence, and generally stuck in a bog of stagnant mediocrity. - Hunter S. Thompson, 1958, from cover letter he wrote for a newspaper job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users