What's new

Whats the take on the Onkyo TX-NR626 (1 Viewer)

KWJK213

Auditioning
Real Name
Keaton
To me it seems like this is the all around best receiver in its price range ($500). Especially due to Airplay is a non factor for me. Any leans or opinions on something else and why?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Based on your other thread...The 626 is even more than you need. Your budget is backwards. You should be spending $300-350 in your AVR and $500 on your speakers. What does the 626(for you) have that the 414 won't cover?

KWJK213

Auditioning
Real Name
Keaton
Very well put. Also, Schan1269 thanks for responding I have been following you on this forum for a couple months and would like to say thanks for the wealth of information you have provided it has been a great help to me. You are very knowledgeable.

My reasoning. I have 7 speakers currently that work so I would like to use them. Although, after much research I have heard that 5 is ample. Secondly, I guess the wifi/Bluetooth connections excited me a little bit so I will not have to connect my computer directly or newer devices in the future. After looking at it I may just be overanalyzing what I think I want though. I feel myself talking up what I think I want while writing this LOL. Also, I huge thing for me is with technology moving so fast I am just weary of buying an older model because I want this receiver to last me at least 5 years. Maybe I would go with the 515 just to make myself feel better. But after seeing 4K pass through is not really a feature and HDMI 1.3 can support 3D I guess the older models would possibly fit what I am looking for. Then I could actually get some good speakers instead of budgets.

KWJK213

Auditioning
Real Name
Keaton
Also, I am not to keen on buying refurbs. To me that means it had a problem to start plus a much shorter warranty. So when looking up the price for a new tx-nr 414 for $300 or get the bells and whistles with the tx-nr 626 for $430. But, not being an expert is the bluetooth, wifi,and upgrade to 7.2 really worth the $130.

KWJK213

Auditioning
Real Name
Keaton
Right it is all 1.4 now. Well I guess with everything I have explained what would you go with?

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Burk
I have two Onkyo 626's at my office, and I really like them. I don't use their network features or extra stuff like that. It's a straight 7.1 home theater environments, and they sound great.

And I absolutely love the Audyssey MultiEQ. The 600 series used to only have the not-as-good 2EQ, so it's great that they've included the better MultiEQ in these (also in the 525)

KWJK213

Auditioning
Real Name
Keaton
Thanks for the input! I am still leaning towards the 626 it seems to have everything. I would like to be able to stream music from my android phone or windows computer which is really a huge factor for me. Also, the point you made about the Audyssey multiEQ is a factor as I am not an audiophile and would be hard for me to manually set it up. Thanks again for your input anything helps for me as I am torn on what to buy.

KWJK213

Auditioning
Real Name
Keaton
I just pulled the trigger on the 626 I will let you know after I get it all set up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks