What's new

JVC HDMI Problem (1 Viewer)

Juan Pegler

Auditioning
Hi
I would really appreciate some help on this. I have searched everywhere and got no answer.

The Set-up:
Samsung HW-E5500 AV receiver. (Using 2 x HDMI in.And 1 HDMI out to the TV.)

Samsung BD-D5500 3D SMART Blu-ray Player. (Using the HDMI output to AV Receiver)

JVC LT-50N810 (Using the HDMI from Av receiver)

The Problem:
I just purchased the TV and when connected this is the problem. Note: Old TV never did this (also using HDMI)
When I put the tv to the HDMI connected from the AV receiver in blinks on and off every second or so. also when its on the that second the screen is Pink.
But when I connect the same sound system VIA AV cables I can look at it and change settings. The sound system only gives me 3 settings I can change under the "Display" settings: SYSTEM (pal or ntsc) Screen mode (TV or monitor, when monitor is selected the pink goes away on the HDMI but it still blinks)

Now here is the confusing part. When I plug the 3D player in directly the TV shows it 100% but then I cant have my sound via the sound system because the tv only has AV out. not HDMI out.

I tried to explain this as well as i can. hope its enough info for someone to give me some advice.

I have searched and found resets via the Service menu. (I dont thing this is my rob because the BD works via HDMI) but i was grabbing at straws lol. but that reset does not work on my tv because my remote does not have some of the buttons the guides described.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Sounds like to me you didn't reset the HDCP in the AVR.

If you don't reset the HDCP(in other words, the handshake) HDMI doesn't function properly. The problem isn't the TV. The problem is the AVR is still expecting the prior TV to be there.

Turn everything off, unplug it from the wall(which you were supposed to do anyway, per the instructions in all your OMs), detach the HDMI. Give it around 15-30 minutes, connect your HDMIs, plug it all back into the wall...then..

Turn on the AVR
Turn on the BD player
Turn on the TV.

Your owners manuals mention HDCP and unplugging everything from the wall prior to dis/connecting HDMI.

Juan Pegler

Auditioning
Thank you for the reply.
Everything was off. but not unplugged. so HDCP is my problem here then?Any way to fix this after I acted like a little boy on x-mas to plug in my new TV when everything was still plugged in?

Juan Pegler

Auditioning
I tried what you suggested, but it didn't work. I also tried a factory reset on the AV receiver but still have the same issue.
I don't know if this is relevant, but when I Switch over to HDMI it gives me the screen size at the bottom. But instead of HDMI it says DVI.

I plugged my old TV in last night and it was working 100%
I have watched 3D movies on the new TV via the HDMI ports and PS3. so I know the HDMI is working.

Any other ideas?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Connect the blu-ray player to the TV. Take the digital audio out from the TV and connect it to the receiver.

Juan Pegler

Auditioning
schan1269 said:
Then he won't get any of the audio improvement he paid for.
Exactly. What is the point of the 3D system but 1/2 D sound lol.

I was thinking to use the Optical Out from the PS3 to the sound system. that would give me full DTS still right? Then I will get a BD player with Optical out.

The system is only capable of 5.1 DTS not DTS-HD and if I understand correctly. these Optical cables can still handle the DTS quite well.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
schan1269 said:
Then he won't get any of the audio improvement he paid for.
This receiver can only do Dolby Digital + DTS so the digitial audio from the TV should work fine.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
RolandL said:
This receiver can only do Dolby Digital + DTS so the digitial audio from the TV should work fine.
No. The only audio capable of leaving the TV in 5.1 is the internal OTA tuner. Everything else leaves 2.0pcm, period.

Juan Pegler

Auditioning
RolandL said:
Thanks for the suggestion RolandL. I did try this. But it came through to the sound as stereo only. but I am using it for the moment as stereo on the system is still better than TV speakers. :rock:

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What are you connecting HDMI in the first place?

To make it simple, connect those to the AVR, AVR to the TV...simple, done.

How much stuff is there? What are their connections?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
schan1269 said:
No. The only audio capable of leaving the TV in 5.1 is the internal OTA tuner. Everything else leaves 2.0pcm, period.
Must be a limitation of the TV. My PS3 is connected to a Sony KDL55NX810 TV and sends dolby digital 5.1 to my receiver.

Juan Pegler

Auditioning
That is how it was connected in the first place.
BD player to AVR via HDMI.
PS3 to AVR via HDMI
AVR to TV via HDMI. (but this connection is the one not working)

So to solve my problem I am now thinking to connect BD and PS3 to the TV via HDMI. and Using PS3 and BD player (when I get a new one) Optical Out to the Optical in on the AVR.

This will then send all sound via Optical to the AVR. and all Picture to the TV via HDMI.

Does this make sense?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
RolandL said:
Must be a limitation of the TV. My PS3 is connected to a Sony KDL55NX810 TV and sends dolby digital 5.1 to my receiver.
I highly doubt that. But ever since Sony went "i-manual" they've left out every single "note" that every other manufacturer includes in a paper manual that says you only get 2.0 from incoming HDMI.

Besides, you don't get lossless at all, even if DD does work. And you won't get DTS either, as the TV can't support DTS.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Juan Pegler said:
That is how it was connected in the first place.
BD player to AVR via HDMI.
PS3 to AVR via HDMI
AVR to TV via HDMI. (but this connection is the one not working)

So to solve my problem I am now thinking to connect BD and PS3 to the TV via HDMI. and Using PS3 and BD player (when I get a new one) Optical Out to the Optical in on the AVR.

This will then send all sound via Optical to the AVR. and all Picture to the TV via HDMI.

Does this make sense?
Did you go back and reset the HDCP?

There is absolutely no reason, none at all, to add optical cables.

Juan Pegler

Auditioning
schan1269 said:
Did you go back and reset the HDCP?

There is absolutely no reason, none at all, to add optical cables.
I would absolutely love to not add extra cables lol.I did the reset/turnoff like you suggested. unplugged and left off for 45min and turned it all on the order you suggested but still the same problem.I also manually did a factory reset on both the tv and the AVR. Same problem.

When I came in to work this morning (after replying to your post) I phoned JVC and Samsung. both of them were saying its a problem they have never heard of and they cant help me. (I am from RSA so the Customer service level here is quite poor)

so... after all this, the only solution I could see what the extra cables for Sound,

But If you have any other suggestions I would like to try them.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Try a different HDMI(or move them around to rule out a messed up plug end).Try a different input on the TV.But this "bought a new display, won't work like the prior one" is 95% of the time an "HDMI hot swap", which you don't do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks