What's new

LG Launches New LCD TV Styled As A CRT From The ’70s (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Sweet! Anyone that was looking for a retro style TV with all the bells and whistles of HDTV, look no further.

Called the LG 32LN630R “Classic TV,” this 32 inch TV has rotary dials up front for those who like walking up to the set from their couch to change the channel or adjust the volume. Three function buttons are placed underneath the dials. If you are worried that you will have to get up all the time to adjust the dials, you are fortunate that LG will be including a remote control.

LG hasn’t said if this TV set will be released in other markets, it is selling it in Korea only right now for 840,000 Won which is roughly US$750.

I guess a 32" TV didn't exist in the 70's, but $750 seems like it might be on the high side. However, this is a design statement...

Who will be stepping up?

lg-tv-new.jpg

No, you can't post her on "Tribute to brunettes"..

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
I'll be stepping up only if they include a wired remote instead of one of them new fangled wireless ones. Even the legendary remote that had the four big buttons that clicked when pushed would be accurate. Ah the memories...

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
^^^I once had a 19" JC Penney set with the "clicker" ultrasonic remote--I could jingle my keys to make it change channels.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
I think this will be a great seller....for the right consumer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks