• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,994 posts

Posted August 12 2013 - 11:25 AM

2983.png

Relive all the excitement, drama and action of one of television's most beloved crime-fighting spy duos when The Avengers - The Complete Emma Peel Megaset arrives on DVD October 8 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. Enjoy all of Emma Peel's (Diana Rigg, HBO's "Game of Thrones") undercover roles, from her unforgettable debut in her famous leather cat suit, to her thrilling last spy adventure! Available on DVD for the first time in four years, the collection spans all three seasons of Emma Peel's time on the hit series. Co-starring Patrick Macnee (TV's "Super Force"), The Avengers - The Complete Emma Peel Megaset will be available for the suggested retail price of $49.98.

The original "spy-fi" British TV cult classic is back with an all-new look! Witness the fabulous chemistry, unlike any other, between Diana Rigg as Emma Peel and Patrick Macnee as her engaging partner John Steed. The Avengers - The Complete Emma Peel Megaset is a 16-disc set, including all three seasons and 51 episodes, that longtime devotees and new fans alike can enjoy in this ultimate collector's edition!

CAST

Patrick Macnee       This is Spinal Tap, TV's "Super Force," The Avengers (1998), A                                             View to Kill
Diana Rigg              HBO's "Game of Thrones," On Her Majesty's Secret Service

PROGRAM INFORMATION

Year of Production: 1965, 1967, 1968

Title Copyright: © 1965, 1967, 1968 STUDIOCANAL FILMS Ltd.

Type: TV On DVD

Rating: Not Rated

Genre:Action

Closed Captioned: None

Subtitles: None

Feature Run Time: 2913 Minutes

Format: 4x3 Full Screen (1.33:1)

DVD Audio Status: 2.0 Dolby Digital

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 24 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,298 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted August 12 2013 - 12:58 PM

Speaking of suckers, I'll get this set since I never had all the Diana Rigg material previously, but I want to know if that "all new look!" at least includes the re-mastering that was on the UK edition, and not just the box cover art (!).

#3 of 24 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,137 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted August 12 2013 - 02:40 PM

Well that's the big question. My gut feeling is that this is a straight repackaging of the old A&E masterings. The number of discs is the same, most of which only contain three episodes.

I have the old original two-fer boxes that had two discs in full-sized keep cases, and six or seven episodes each. They take up a lot of space on my shelf. If this were a video upgrade of any kind, I'd jump on it in a minute. As is, it's still enticing just to save space.

But with the number of discs, and the fact that it's dirt cheap, I suspect no new remastering.

Harry 

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#4 of 24 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,353 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted August 12 2013 - 06:09 PM

If they had been remastered, I am sure the press release would have mentioned it.  This is obviously just a repackaging.  So sad.  This series deserves so much better.   :thumbsdown:

#5 of 24 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

• 1,316 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted August 13 2013 - 04:25 AM

I still have the old megaset which I got for a 1/4 that price. I thought for sure this was gonna be a bluray announcement when I came into this thread.

• Radioman970 likes this
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#6 of 24 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,861 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 04:42 AM

Sooner or later, any studio that wants to continue to have their old shows seen will upgrade to HD (and blu-ray). HD TVs are ubiquitous as it is; in another few years, no one will want to look at a show that has not been converted to high def. 

• Ethan Riley likes this

#7 of 24 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,800 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted March 03 2014 - 02:17 PM

I still have the old megaset which I got for a 1/4 that price. I thought for sure this was gonna be a bluray announcement when I came into this thread.

It's now about $25.  I think I'll continue to wait on a blu release.  Sure do want to see the show again.  Late 90s on BBC America was the last time.  I taped the episodes but the tapes are under layers of stuff.  You can measure time with that.  :P 

• Ethan Riley likes this
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#8 of 24 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 595 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 04:51 PM

Cozi TV is now airing this show daily. I think its just the Diana Rigg episodes.

"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#9 of 24 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,800 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 05:10 PM

I've only ever seen those.  Seems a waste to ignore the rest. 

Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#10 of 24 OFFLINE   JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 09:36 PM

This.  I have yet to get into the Gale eps, but the King ones were NOT that bad.  I think Linda Thorson would have gotten even better if given the time. 

What time(s) on Cozi?

• Ockeghem likes this

CBS = Constantly Butchering Shows.

#11 of 24 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,800 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 05:57 AM

BBC America did the same thing with Dr. Who, showing only Tom Baker back around 2000 when I had the satellite.  Tom Baker is awesome, can't deny that.  But after I finally saw the 3 Doctors before him I was knocked on my face at how great they each were for different reasons. The second Doctor is my fav so far, Throughton.  I'm watching the whole show now and I'm on Baker, but I'm looking forward to more non-Baker again.  Including the new ones. 

• Gary OS likes this

#12 of 24 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,566 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 07:13 AM

The second Doctor is my fav so far, Throughton.

Good man.  He's my favorite as well.  Always has been (since watching the show in the early 80's on the local PBS station). 

Gary "I always thought he has some of the very best companions as well" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#13 of 24 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 1,964 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 07:26 AM

do i recall someone saying that some of the non-diana rigg episodes are no longer with us ?

#14 of 24 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 595 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 08:13 AM

This.  I have yet to get into the Gale eps, but the King ones were NOT that bad.  I think Linda Thorson would have gotten even better if given the time. 

What time(s) on Cozi?

In Los Angeles, it airs in the afternoon from 1pm to 2pm. It might air at a different time on the east coast.

Here's the link to their schedule:

http://www.cozitv.com/tv-listings/

Today's episode:

The Avengers The Living Dead (TV-PG) Steed and Emma visit the estate of the Duke of Benedict to investigate the reports of hauntings and the two travel under the ground to find the truth.

"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#15 of 24 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,800 posts

Posted March 19 2014 - 02:07 PM

Mine arrived today.    :blush:    I just couldn't stop myself.  Now I need to get The Prisoner.

#16 of 24 OFFLINE   Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,273 posts

Posted March 19 2014 - 04:16 PM

I'd also love a properly BD of the Avengers, but the lack of news on this front makes me not optimistic. 

Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#17 of 24 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,800 posts

Posted March 19 2014 - 06:05 PM

that's exactly why I went "what the hey?!"    The only real hard thingie was what to get to bring it up to $35. lol  (Earthquake on blu!  That film hasn't lost a thing...  scared me to death at age 8, the effects are still awesome after all these years). 

I watched the first Avengers earlier today.  been so long, and it was so good.    so many little touches, like his very hard bowler hat and when that guy's amazing mustache catches on fire. 

We can only hope a blu ray release with all the episodes will come out.  But in the mean time, it's 47 hours of fun at a great price. 

#18 of 24 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 595 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 01:05 PM

What time(s) on Cozi?

Just wanted to report that the folks over at Cozi-TV are now showing the Tara King (Linda Thorson) episodes! Not as good as having the actual DVDs I'm sure, but better than nothing and its free to record. They appear edited, though. The episodes are running 44 min. w/o commercials, but the picture quality is clear.

#19 of 24 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted April 02 2014 - 01:15 PM

do i recall someone saying that some of the non-diana rigg episodes are no longer with us ?

A lot of the early episodes, with Honor Blackman as Cathy Gale, are only available in kinescope form.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#20 of 24 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 303 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 01:54 PM

I love the Emma Peel episodes and would love to have access to other Avengers episodes on DVD.

Darby

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lionsgate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users