Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hello from Toronto!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   GlennF

GlennF

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted August 11 2013 - 02:33 PM

I've been reading the site for quite a while and finally decided to join so I could occasionally add my two cents worth and ask questions.  I really enjoy reading some of the comments and knowing I am not the only "geek" out there who cares about these things. (Like, who was responsible for that abominable Blu-ray of "My Fair Lady" or "Spartacus".)  When I tell most of my friends that a classic movie I have been waiting for is coming out on Blu-ray I usually get a bemused look of, "Let's pretend we're interested to humour him".  They don't understand what a pleasure it is for me to see, and especially hear, a movie the way it was originally presented (since so many of these movies played in theatres with inferior sound systems.)  I also particularly enjoy the columns by Mr. Harris.

Looking forward to more reading.

#2 of 3 ONLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 18,803 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted August 12 2013 - 08:09 AM

Welcome Glenn.  I know exactly that look you are talking about, they made a similar situation into a great scene in Tropic Thunder;

http://www.trailerad...u-ray-vs-hd-dvd

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

HTF Rules

Classified Sales Rules

UV Sales New Clarifications

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   GlennF

GlennF

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted August 16 2013 - 10:43 AM

Yes, it is hard to explain to people who are content to watch movies on a phone screen.  I don't get it...and hope I never do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users