Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Naked City

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#41 of 226 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,381 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted October 29 2013 - 05:59 AM

Gary, kcxlpk.jpg         :lol: 2u8l5qr.jpg

It'll be interesting to see what Amazon does.  Their track record with my past orders where there was a price mistake is good for me.  They've not up to this point cancelled an order in that circumstance.

Place your bets.....      2ywyek1.jpg

• Gary OS likes this

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#42 of 226 FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 3,976 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 06:34 AM

The only issue of this nature I ever had with Amazon was when they canceled the Peter Gunn listing at $69.99 and made a brand new listing with a price of $89.99, so my pre-order just changed to "Unavailable." I called to discuss it and they did give me the original price, although they emphasized that they were not required to do so by their pre-order guarantee policy.

#43 of 226 jperez

jperez

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 09:32 AM

It's back up to $99 on Amazon.

#44 of 226 Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,508 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 10:32 AM

It's back up to $99 on Amazon.

Yep, as of yesterday per Jeff Willis' post #24 on page two of this thread.  So now that means both major outlets have corrected their "mistakes" in pricing.

Gary "glad we have multiple eyes and ears here at HTF to keep us up to date on everything - this is the site to read for this kind of news" O.

• Jeff Willis likes this
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#45 of 226 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,199 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'll be very surprised if Amazon doesn't honor the $25 price . It was their mistake . I've never had an issue with Amazon in the past and I don't expect one on this . Hell , I spend enough money with Amazon .

Hey Boris,

I have never had an issue with the pre-order price as it was always honor. I was surprised with the price being so low, so I scooped it up.

Amazon is only human as such mistakes can happen!

I am looking forward to this show as I heard the Naked City was very well done!! I just hope 12 O clock high comes out as it is another series I would love to have in my collection!

• Jeff Willis likes this

#46 of 226 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,381 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted October 29 2013 - 03:01 PM

I was curious about this Amazon pre-order policy, haven't read it in a long time.

Here's the paragraph from Amazon's site that pertains to this current thread discussion:

Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. The price charged when we ship the item will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time the order was placed and the end of the day on the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

The part that I wonder about is the sentence containing the "between" word.

I was wondering if that might be considered by Amazon as a loophole.  If the word was "at"  (at the time of the order vs between), it would be clearer to me.

As some here have mentioned, they've honored similar pricing issues in the past with most pre-orders.  All of mine have been in that category.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#47 of 226 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,199 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 03:27 PM

I

I was curious about this Amazon pre-order policy, haven't read it in a long time.

Here's the paragraph from Amazon's site that pertains to this current thread discussion:

The part that I wonder about is the sentence containing the "between" word.

I was wondering if that might be considered by Amazon as a loophole.  If the word was "at"  (at the time of the order vs between), it would be clearer to me.

As some here have mentioned, they've honored similar pricing issues in the past with most pre-orders.  All of mine have been in that category.

I have only see my -pre-order price go down and never up.  The only loop hole I could see happen if the order can not be filled then they may say it is no longer available from the supplier as such amazon may suggest to cancel your order. I have had that issue in past, but that is a rarity then the norm!

• Jeff Willis likes this

#48 of 226 Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Screenwriter

• 2,967 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted October 29 2013 - 04:42 PM

I expect Amazon to honor the $25.48 orders. They certainly can't unilaterally raise the price on those orders without the customer's consent. If they were going to cancel those orders, I believe that they would have done so by now.

I imagine that what happened is Amazon was scanning competitors' prices and made an automatic price adjustment when Walmart's price was found. Walmart says that my order is being processed and that it will be delivered on 11/8. We'll see.

• Jeff Willis likes this
Rich Gallagher

#49 of 226 Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 29 2013 - 07:04 PM

This will be interesting to see how this all plays the end. My listing is still available at that very low price from last weekend at my Amazon page. The set is to be released in a week. Stay tuned!!!!
  • Jeff Willis likes this
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

#50 of 226 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,199 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 07:16 PM

I have read some of the information on the Naked City and appears to have some very excellent actors such as Jack Klugman, Robert Duval, Peter Falk, etc. One of the reason I like old TV is that you get to see starting point for many of the great actors that dominated the movie scenes in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.

• Jeff Willis likes this

#51 of 226 Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,209 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 07:50 PM

I ordered from Walmart and, like Rich, mine still shows the order being processed.   I'll be disappointed in Walmart cancels my order, but I'll understand since this was clearly a mess up from the get go.  However Amazon customers should have a right to expect their $25 order to be filled as Amazon made a conscious decision to price match and I believe they should be held to that price as noone forced them to change their pricing.  They chose themselves to offer a 85%+ discount after having a higher price before.  Even if this was triggered by an auto search of competitor pricing, Amazon has got to have a control in place that would kick out a report that shows these adjustments.  It shouldn't have taken someone several days to notice a $170 discount or whatever it was.  As far as I know, no other e-tailer lowered their price.

• Gary OS and Jeff Willis like this
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#52 of 226 Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,139 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted October 29 2013 - 07:53 PM

Until Amazon tries to renege, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

• Jeff Willis likes this

#53 of 226 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,467 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 06:15 AM

Pre-ordered my Naked City back in May at the original price.  Just checked my order, and they apparently matched the Walmart snafu price, and as of this day, apparently intend to honor the low price.

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#54 of 226 Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff

Screenwriter

• 1,999 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 09:09 AM

I have read some of the information on the Naked City and appears to have some very excellent actors such as Jack Klugman, Robert Duval, Peter Falk, etc. One of the reason I like old TV is that you get to see starting point for many of the great actors that dominated the movie scenes in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.

And Dustin Hoffman was in the very last episode, "Barefoot on a Bed of Coals," first shown May 29, 1963.

#55 of 226 Mr. Handley

Mr. Handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 10:04 AM

My Wal-Mart order still says processing.  I hope it goes through at the lower price.  The bonus with Wal-Mart is it's also free shipping!  I guess we'll find out soon enough.  I bought all the previous DVDs and got hooked on the show, so looking forward to the whole series.

#56 of 226 davidHartzog

davidHartzog

Second Unit

• 441 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted October 30 2013 - 02:14 PM

My order with Walmart is also processing at the lower price. If it goes through, fine, if not, que sera sera.
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

#57 of 226 Shatner's Grim Reaper

Shatner's Grim Reaper

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 04:10 PM

I'm showing a Nov 14-Nov 16 delivery by Wal-Mart so it will probably not ship until around 8-9 Nov...so I wouldn't expect a change of order status until about that time.

#58 of 226 davidHartzog

davidHartzog

Second Unit

• 441 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted November 01 2013 - 06:26 AM

I received an email today from Walmart indicating that my order had shipped, and should arrive next week. The email specified that this is the complete series.
  • Jeff Willis likes this
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

#59 of 226 Mr. Handley

Mr. Handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted November 01 2013 - 06:32 AM

I received an email today from Walmart indicating that my order had shipped, and should arrive next week. The email specified that this is the complete series.

Same here.  Mine shipped today...the complete series at the low price.

• Jeff Willis likes this

#60 of 226 hypnohighball

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts

Posted November 01 2013 - 06:43 AM

Same here.  Mine shipped today...the complete series at the low price.

Me too. It's still hard to believe it will actually be the entire series box, but I guess we'll know in a few days. Can always return it to a Walmart store for a refund if it turns out to be a smaller set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users