What's new

Rabbit TV Tops One Million Subscribers, Company Expands Offering (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Rabbit TV, the latest entry into the Internet TV device market, has quickly reached over one million units sold only 18 weeks after its launch, further demonstrating a growing consumer acceptance for Internet-based entertainment viewing.

FreeCast Inc, the company behind the online television and movie network servicing Rabbit TV subscribers, has amassed the largest virtual content library and guide of freely available entertainment over the web. FreeCast also offers Rabbit TV subscribers a vast selection of newly released box-office hits, the latest cable episodes/series, live events, sports, and premium channels on a pay-per-view basis. The company is pursuing a true 'a la carte' select-and-pay offering for price-conscious consumers.

I guess I don't watch TV enough to have known about this.

Find out more information about Rabbit TV.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I almost bought one of these the other day. Walgreen's was offering it for $8.50 with $10 additional purchases.

Anybody got one?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
No. I never heard of it. It appears that content can only be viewed on a computer? If so, that sucks, and I'm not interested.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
the little sales video with the cute blonde sounds fishy after you stop watching the cute blonde and listen. Where do they get their "links". ;) youtube? archive.org? lol

"Annual License Fee for Device Renews Automatically Unless Canceled." fine print? Looked further "There are no monthly fees with Rabbit TV. Rabbit TV only costs $10, and if you want to keep using it after a year, it's $10 a year from then on. If you don't want to continue your Rabbit TV subscription, you can cancel at any time - no hoops to jump through, no hidden fees, no tricks."

Really, this sounds like a lot of stuff I could find without their help and without some device named after an animal I won't eat since it was a cartoon. :P I'm thinking this is a flash drive with some kind of software on it that processes these "links" you could find yourself.

nice little scam there... wish I'd thought of it. I'd be able to retire.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yeah I know they don't offer any content you can't find on your own. What it is, is their web "browser" with stuff arranged in a logical order. Now if it is a bunch of YouTube and torrent, yeah that sucks. But if it arranges internet network content in a way that mimics my own Directv guide...then that would be worth something.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'd bet a simple google search and you'd save $10 a year. :)

I'm serious about the above, I'd like to come up with an idea like that where people go "oh, it's only $15 a year! or $25 for the deluxe!!!" and just sit back on the beach in Jamanco like Jimmy Buffet counting the royalities! (I mean, the money from this scheme!!' )

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That works, except for a what such esoteric stuff(movies) that could be arranged based on "likes" and previously viewed(like Netflix/Hulu/Crackle do)...then it is a benefit.

If I search for Garbo...is the Rabbit search feature smart enough to cull all results...including her co-stars?

Even better if it integrated pay services into one place, so if you looked for Ice Pirates(which Netflix doesn't have), it would show you where you can get it. That is what I want to know. If it arranges things across all platforms. Would Netflix, Hulu and Amazon all play nice together on a combined search? But if Rabbit does this...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
You probably won't find out until you buy the thing. The whole site is designed to get your $10.

I went to the ABC streaming website and it said I didn't get it in my area. I'll bet that's a factor in their local TV promise. either that, or the episodes available are so limited it isn't worth anything.

There are 6 different "policies'. Probably worth looking at before wasting time and money. This thing is so fishy.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes, only on a PC or Mac. Supposedly they are working on tablet versions. What the flash drive is is their guide to content. Whatever that means...

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Yes, only on a PC or Mac. Supposedly they are working on tablet versions.What the flash drive is is their guide to content. Whatever that means...
Who wants to watch movies on such small screens? Not me.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
schan1269 said:
Yes, only on a PC or Mac. Supposedly they are working on tablet versions.What the flash drive is is their guide to content. Whatever that means...
Meaning, they find the already existing website-streaming shows, in case you're too stupid to find them yourselves for $10 less.
Or even to realize that Google already has a neater plug-in thumb drive.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My PC video card has a hdml connection. Works like a charm with a big long cable that leads to my 42" plasma in the other room. I can only use the sound on the TV itself, but still great for viewing the few streaming things I have on amazon, youtubes, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks