Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PHE Press Release: Elementary The First Season

Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,856 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 11:48 AM

JONNY LEE MILLER AND LUCY LIU HEADLINE PREMIERE SEASON COLLECTION OF TELEVISION’S #1 NEW SERIES 

ELEMENTARY

THE FIRST SEASON

Fans Can Experience Every Thrilling Mystery Of The Hit Show’s Debut Season On August 27

Exclusive Special Features Include All-New Interviews With Cast And Crew

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (June 24, 2013) – New Holmes. New Watson. New York. Experience the “Best New Show” (The New York Times) when ELEMENTARY – THE FIRST SEASON arrives on DVD on August 27 from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution. Starring Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu, ELEMENTARY was the #1 new drama of the 2012-2013 broadcast season. ELEMENTARY – THE FIRST SEASON DVD includes all 24crime-solving episodes from the debut season.

A broad array of new special features, only available within ELEMENTARY – THE FIRST SEASON DVD collection, include “A Holmes Of Their Own” in which series creator Rob Doherty and executive producer Carl Beverly, along with Miller and Liu, discuss the new series and “In Liu Of Watson,” featuring a newly produced interview with Liu describing her character’s evolution throughout the first season. In addition, viewers can also follow Dr. Watson behind-the-scenes in the “Set Tour with Lucy Liu” featurette and take a look back as the cast and crew review the first season in the special feature, “Holmes Sweet Holmes.” The set also includes a five-part web series called “Power of Observation.” A special bonus disc that will be available exclusively at Target will include the featurette, “Elementary Super-Sized,” which will give fans an inside look at the making of the episode that aired on Big Game Day post-Super Bowl episode of the series through interviews with the cast, director and show runners.

The modern day drama about the iconic crime-solving duo, ELEMENTARY – THE FIRST SEASON, stars Miller as detective Sherlock Holmes, in a performance that is “…superb and compelling…” (The Hollywood Reporter), and Liu as Dr. Joan Watson.  In this contemporary take, Holmes is joined by Watson, a former surgeon who is hired by Holmes' wealthy father to help keep the eccentric detective sober while he works as a consultant to Captain Thomas Gregson (Aidan Quinn) and Detective Marcus Bell (Jon Michael Hill) to crack the NYPD’s most impossible cases.  ELEMENTARY – THE FIRST SEASON also includes notable guest stars including Craig Bierko, Anika Noni Rose, Lisa Edelstein, Vinnie Jones and John Hannah.

ELEMENTARY – THE FIRST SEASON will be available as a six-disc DVD collection, and will be presented in 16x9 full frame with English 5.1 Dolby Digital and English 2.0 Stereo Surround Dolby Digital, with English SDH, Brazilian Portuguese and Latin American Subtitles. The Target exclusive bonus disc is also available in 16x9 full frame with English 2.0 Stereo Surround Dolby Digital with English SDH. The DVD is Not Rated in the U.S. and rated XX in Canada.The total running time is approximately 17 hours, and 18 minutes.  It will be available for the suggested retail price of $64.99 U.S. and $69.99 Canada. The disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc One:

·       Pilot

·       While You Were Sleeping

·       Child Predator

·       Rat Race

·       Special Features:

o   A Holmes Of Their Own

o   In Liu Of Watson

Disc Two:

·       Lesser Evils

·       Flight Risk

·       One Way To Get Off

·       The Long Fuse

Disc Three:

·       You Do It To Yourself

·       The Leviathan

·       Dirty Laundry

·       M.

Disc Four:

·       The Red Team

·       The Deductionist

·       A Giant Gun, Filled With Drugs

·       Details

Disc Five:

·       Possibility Two

·       Déjà Vu All Over Again

·       Snow Angles

·       Dead Man’s Switch

Disc Six:

·       A Landmark Story

·       Risk Management

·       The Woman/ Heroine

·       Special Features:

o   Holmes Sweet Holmes

o   Set Tour With Lucy Liu

o   Power of Observation – six-part web series

Target Exclusive Bonus Disc:

·       Elementary Super-Sized

·       Photo Montage

·       Cast Biographies

ELEMENTARY airs on CBS on Thursdays at 10 p.m. ET/9 p.m. CT and begins its second season this fall. 

CBS Home Entertainment manages the worldwide DVD and Blu-ray businesses for the CBS Corporation across all lines of content including current hits and classic series from the vast CBS library, as well as new releases from Showtime Video.  CBS Home Entertainment products are released on the CBS DVD and CBS Blu-ray labels.  

Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.  PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands.  The PHMD division oversees PPC’s home entertainment, digital and television distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for certain DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment titles.  PHMD additionally manages global licensing of studio content and distribution across worldwide digital and television distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

ELEMENTARY — THE FIRST SEASON

Street Date: August 27, 2013

Suggest retail price: $64.99 U.S/ $69.99 CAN

Catalog #:  144264

Runtime: Approximately 17 hours and 18 minutes

U.S. Rating:  Not Rated

CAN Rating: PG (Violence, Mature Theme, Sexual Content)

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,449 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted August 08 2013 - 12:00 PM

No blu-ray, no sale.

#3 of 8 jcroy

jcroy

Supporting Actor

• 835 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 02:11 PM

No blu-ray, no sale.

It's unfortunate this seems to be the case for numerous current tv shows.  Especially if it's a tv show that doesn't directly involve zombies, vampires, sci-fi, fantasy, etc ...

#4 of 8 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,636 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 08 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yes, I was very disappointed (but admittedly not too surprised) that this wonderful series was only going to be released on DVD.

Nevertheless, I'm slated to review the box set.

#5 of 8 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,449 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted August 08 2013 - 06:32 PM

When it looked like the digital input from my DVR to my TV was toast, I purchased the iTunes digital version of Elementary in HD.  The picture quality was actually pretty good.

#6 of 8 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,572 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 07:00 PM

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but in 2013 it is just sad that the studios can't support more Blu-Ray releases.  Honestly, I can view it for free OTA in a better presentation than is available for purchase?   Pathetic.  

I'll continue to support shows like Person of Interest that get Blu-Ray releases, but as much as I enjoyed season one of Elementary this is a pass.

- Walter.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#7 of 8 jcroy

jcroy

Supporting Actor

• 835 posts

Posted August 09 2013 - 03:36 AM

I'll continue to support shows like Person of Interest that get Blu-Ray releases, but as much as I enjoyed season one of Elementary this is a pass.

In the case of "Person of Interest", the bluray sets have so far been bluray/dvd combo packs.

I get the impression that bluray/dvd combo packs for tv show season sets released by Warner, are "borderline" cases where they are not completely confident about a bluray-only version selling on its own merit.  Kinda sad they believe that the bluray has to be "piggybacked" with a dvd copy (and also a uv digital copy), in order to be attractive to enough customers.

In contrast, several other Warner released tv shows have been consistently released as bluray-only versions (ie. without a dvd "piggyback" combo pack copy), such as Supernatural, Nikita, Fringe, etc ...

#8 of 8 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,121 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 09 2013 - 03:58 AM

No blu-ray, no sale.

Same here!

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paramount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users