Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Twilight Time Announces Releases December 2013

Twilight Time

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 of 41 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,933 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted August 08 2013 - 04:56 AM

this has been an expensive year and it just got more expensive as long as I can order one of each

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#22 of 41 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,210 posts

Posted August 09 2013 - 06:59 AM

Well, this will narrow the missing-in-action Harryhausen titles a bit, down to the final 1/3:

First Men In the Moon (likely future TT title)

Three Worlds Of Gulliver (likely future TT title)

Valley Of Gwangi (Now that Harryhausen's gone, maybe WB will give us this one)

Mighty Joe Young (ditto)

One Million Years B.C. - hopefully the 100-minute cut. (How about it, Fox? Give it to TT!)

#23 of 41 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,210 posts

Posted August 11 2013 - 08:29 AM

Well, this will narrow the missing-in-action Harryhausen titles a bit, down to the final 1/3:

First Men In the Moon (likely future TT title)

Three Worlds Of Gulliver (likely future TT title)

Valley Of Gwangi (Now that Harryhausen's gone, maybe WB will give us this one)

Mighty Joe Young (ditto)

One Million Years B.C. - hopefully the 100-minute cut. (How about it, Fox? Give it to TT!)

And also The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms.

Warner Bros could give us three of these as a tribute to the late great. And maybe Fox will finally concede to giving TT its longer version of B.C.

#24 of 41 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,277 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 09:34 PM

Press Release 12/01/2013

Twilight Time in continuing its proud tradition of honoring RAY HARRYHAUSEN, the Grand Master of Special Effects, announces the first time availability of one of the most eagerly anticipated BLU-RAY releases of the season!

“THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD”

Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release

Only 3,000 units available at

www.screenarchives.com / TCMSHOP.com

Once they are gone – they are gone!

RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10TH, 2013

“Horror film director [Gordon] Hessler and special effects man Ray Harryhausen combine brilliantly to trace Sinbad’s mystical voyage. The effects aren’t simply fascinating for their own sake—they genuinely convey a sense of the magical and otherworldly.”

Time Out London

“Great fun…Fast-paced and exciting, the film features some of Harryhausen’s best stop-motion animation work.  Tom (television’s Dr. Who) Baker makes a marvelous villain.” TV Guide

In The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1973), animation/special effects genius Ray Harryhausen gives us another installment in the adventures of Sinbad (John Phillip Law), the swashbuckling sailor here pitted against the nefarious master of the black arts, Koura (Tom Baker).  As the two race to find a magical treasure trove, Sinbad must confront a host of astonishing creatures, including a wee winged homunculus, a one-eyed centaur, and a six-armed, scimitar-wielding deity, the dreaded Kali.  Featuring a spectacular score by the inimitable Miklos Rozsa (Ben-Hur), available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track.

LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

www.facebook.com/twilighttimemovies

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#25 of 41 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,277 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 09:35 PM

Press Release 12/01/2013

Twilight Time is delighted to bring to BLU-RAY for the very first time, Director Richard Lester’s madcap romp through Victorian England, with that irascible blade – the one and only, Malcolm McDowell!

“ROYAL FLASH”

“Harry Flashman is good comic company, and Royal Flash is good comic fun…Mr. Lester throws away more gags in Royal Flash than some comedy directors think up in an entire career…he is profligate with his talents.” —Vincent Canby, The New York Times

“The director’s visual style is as strong and witty as ever…some kind of riotous comic strip of Victorian England.” Time Out London

“If you liked Richard Lester’s The Three (and Four) Musketeers, you’ll like this…The same subtle detailing and unsubtle slapstick that made The Three Musketeers so much fun are here in full force.”

Chicago Reader

Adapted by George MacDonald Fraser from his novel (the second in the popular 12-book series, “The Flashman Papers”), Royal Flash (1975) gives us that energetic cad, Harry Flashman (Malcolm McDowell), taking reluctant if opportunistic part in 19th-century history.  Here, he’s inveigled into a plot engineered by the fearsome Otto von Bismarck (Oliver Reed) and must utilize all his wily talents to emerge unscathed.  Directed by Richard Lester (A Hard Day’s Night, Petulia), and also starring Alan Bates, Florinda Balkan, Britt Ekland, and a host of superb British character actors:  Tom Bell, Joss Ackland, Christopher Cazenove, Lionel Jeffries, Alastair Sim, Michael Hordern, Bob Hoskins, and David Jason.

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#26 of 41 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,277 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 09:35 PM

Press Release 12/01/2013

Twilight Time in continuing its proud tradition of honoring RAY HARRYHAUSEN, the Grand Master of Special Effects, announces the first time availability of one of the most eagerly anticipated BLU-RAY releases of the season!

“SINBAD & THE EYE OF THE TIGER”

“The creations of animation expert Ray Harryhausen…have given this series something of a cult following…No child could ask for much more.” The New York Times

“The film is, in fact, the most lavish looking of the animator’s career…Harryhausen’s creations are more like characters than the usual monsters our heroes poke sticks at.” DVD Talk

The third in special effects genius Ray Harryhausen’s trilogy of films about the legendary sailor (played here by Patrick Wayne), Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977) tells the tale of Sinbad’s quest to return the brother of his beloved Princess Farah (Jane Seymour) to manhood after an evil witch (Margaret Whiting) turns him into a chess-playing, sad-faced baboon.  Along for the ride are a magician (Patrick Troughton, the second Doctor Who) and his beauteous daughter (Taryn Power), caught up in a journey that features encounters with a panoply of astonishing Harryhausen creatures, including a trio of ghouls, a gigantic troglodyte, and a fearsome mechanical minotaur.

Ronald J Epstein

#27 of 41 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,862 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 10 2013 - 01:51 AM

Has anybody's Drums Along the Mohawk shipped yet?  Mine is still pending.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#28 of 41 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,922 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted September 10 2013 - 05:47 AM

Since Fox doesn't seem interested, what are the odds of FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX coming out thru TT? I don't remember the film's soundtrack being particularly impressive so I hope that alone isn't a deterrent for TT to pass on the film but it really needs to be on Blu-ray. Maybe as an extra they'll include the remake on there (just kidding).

#29 of 41 OFFLINE   Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby

Supporting Actor

• 916 posts
  • LocationKent "The Garden of England", UK

Posted September 25 2013 - 12:17 AM

Is there any chance of TT releasing Soldier of Fortune during 2014?

#30 of 41 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,387 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 09:16 AM

What happened to "Oliver?"

#31 of 41 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,862 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 26 2013 - 09:21 AM

What happened to "Oliver?"

Release date is November 12th.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#32 of 41 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,233 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted November 14 2013 - 01:06 AM

Screen Archives has posted on their home page an announcement: "The Golden Voyage Of Sinbad"(1973), "Sinbad & The Eye Of The Tiger"(1977) and "Royal Flash" will be available for pre-order on November 20th at 4pm Eastern time...scheduled release date is December 10th...

#33 of 41 OFFLINE   John Sparks

John Sparks

Supporting Actor

• 851 posts
  • LocationI.E., CA

Posted November 20 2013 - 02:27 PM

Just ordered both Sinbads, and they're $30 each!

...retired at last...and Ray Harryhausen at my side!!!

My equipment consists of:

Epson 9500 UB PJ(Avical ISFd); 110" JKP Affinity Screen; Panny BD30 Player; Tosh HDA1 Player; Definitive Speakers(center, towers, rear); Onkyo 608 A/V Receiver; Nevo Q50 Remote; TWC HD Cable Box; Panamax Line Conditioner.

#34 of 41 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,796 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted November 20 2013 - 03:09 PM

Golden Voyage and Eye of the Tiger have been ordered. I'm looking forward to them.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#35 of 41 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,053 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted November 20 2013 - 03:16 PM

Royal Flash has me intrigued, and The Golden Voyage of Sinbad is very tempting.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#36 of 41 OFFLINE   FrancisP

FrancisP

Screenwriter

• 1,115 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 05:00 PM

I also notice that they are limiting orders to 3 per person. That should limit the people who are buying them to sell at higher prices later.

#37 of 41 ONLINE   SAhmed

SAhmed

Stunt Coordinator

• 188 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 05:05 PM

I noticed the 3 limit as well - a little higher than the recent 2 limit but I got my order in for both Sinbad movies so I am "good to go"!

Regards

• ahollis likes this

#38 of 41 OFFLINE   dpippel

dpippel

HTF Premium Member

• 3,247 posts

Posted November 21 2013 - 06:04 AM

Orders for both Sinbad releases ARE limited to 2 copies per customer. Am I missing something?

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#39 of 41 OFFLINE   Douglas R

Douglas R

Screenwriter

• 1,858 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted November 21 2013 - 06:37 AM

Orders for both Sinbad releases ARE limited to 2 copies per customer. Am I missing something?

It was 3 copies when first announced but is now 2 copies. Presumably they are selling well but I'd be surprised if they turn out to be a quick sell out.

#40 of 41 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted November 21 2013 - 10:58 AM

It was 3 copies when first announced but is now 2 copies. Presumably they are selling well but I'd be surprised if they turn out to be a quick sell out.

Whew!  Glad I got my pre-order for both Sinbad films.  I think you're right, they will probably be gone very soon.

Edited by Bryan^H, November 21 2013 - 10:59 AM.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users