"The Mentalist" season six

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 of 94 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,895 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 07:19 AM

First of all...I cannot believe the show is now entering it's sixth season.  Time flies.

Some big news for this season.....

Spoiler

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 94 ONLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,434 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 07:40 AM

Or... Be revealed as Red John!

#3 of 94 OFFLINE   Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, MS

Posted August 07 2013 - 08:43 AM

Or... Be revealed as Red John!

This isn't possible IF we are to believe that Red John is from Jane's list.

But we've been misled before so nothing would surprise me.

#4 of 94 ONLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,434 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 08:45 AM

He made that list based on whose hands he shook. Jane didn't include the CBI team, but that doesn't mean they can't be Red John.

#5 of 94 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 07 2013 - 08:54 AM

Can't wait for the new season, always good to shake things up a little, keeps things fresh, maybe we need a guess who Red John is thread, my money is on Jane having multiple personalities, nah wait, can't be, that would end the show at the reveal part.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 of 94 ONLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,434 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 09:17 AM

The showrunner has said that Jane is "definitively" not Red John. I don't think they can do that because it would be a huge betrayal of the audience after 6 or perhaps 7 seasons (although I hope they reveal Red John this season even if they get renewed for a 7th).

#7 of 94 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 07 2013 - 09:19 AM

The showrunner has said that Jane is "definitively" not Red John. I don't think they can do that because it would be a huge betrayal of the audience after 6 or perhaps 7 seasons (although I hope they reveal Red John this season even if they get renewed for a 7th).

Technically if he has split personalities it isn't him so they could get away with saying that, i hope they don't reveal Red John during this season but the show could survive even after such a reveal, i'm sure they have some directions already mapped out.

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#8 of 94 OFFLINE   Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, MS

Posted August 07 2013 - 10:07 AM

What I meant by the list is that Bruno Heller has said that Red John is one of the names on that list.

#9 of 94 OFFLINE   Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, MS

Posted August 07 2013 - 10:09 AM

One other thing: I read that we will know Red John's identity by the end of this calendar year. I can't remember right now where I read it but I'm sure I did.

EDIT: Here is a link to where I saw that: http://www.cbs.com/s...t/news/1001022/

Edited by Steve_Pannell, August 07 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#10 of 94 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,238 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 07 2013 - 01:25 PM

During Amanda Righetti's maternity leave last season, the show proved it could get along without her, but Owain would be a different story. I think with Red John being unmasked midway through the season, the show is going to morph into something different. I don't know quite how they're going to do it, of course, but with no more Red John driving Jane and the "romantic" couple of the unit leaving, it's going to HAVE to be a very different show.

#11 of 94 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,605 posts

Posted September 30 2013 - 04:54 PM

Quite a shocking ending to the season premiere.  Interesting interview with Heller about it with some spoilers.

I did think it was a bit of a "stupid plot" moment.  Sure Lisbon did call for some backup in the area, but she didn't call Jane or anyone else from her team or bring anyone else who was right nearby.

#12 of 94 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,737 posts

Posted September 30 2013 - 05:13 PM

I really enjoyed the premiere last night.  Since one of the seven suspects was eliminated in the premiere, I am wondering if the show is setting up a scenario where Red John is going to be "whittling down" the list of suspects, one per week until the reveal of Red John's identity?  I read the interview and I may have to re-visit the premiere episode to see if I can spot the clue, or perhaps what I think is the clue, that Bruno Heller describes.

In some ways I was less pleased with the darker tone of the show last year, as Jane's lighter moments have always been more entertaining, but now that the show is back with new episodes, it has pulled me back into the series.  Really looking forward to how the season unfolds and how the series will change this year.

- Walter.

Edited by Walter Kittel, September 30 2013 - 05:15 PM.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#13 of 94 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,238 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 30 2013 - 06:29 PM

Shocks from beginning (the first case over in the precredit sequence) to end. I do think Lisbon made a mistake even a rookie should have known better than to commit and especially since the whole matter revolved around Red John who she knows is a lethal enemy.

#14 of 94 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,737 posts

Posted October 13 2013 - 09:18 PM

After tonight's upbeat ending, I am pretty sure that we are going to some darker places in the next few episodes.  I really hope that the show is not setting up Van Pelt and/or Rigsby for dire fates at the hands of Red John.  I have no reason to suspect the show is going that direction - other than happiness seems to be transitory around Red John.  

Did the trailer for next week show us what was really happening or was it a misdirect via some clever editing?  We'll see.

- Walter.

Edited by Walter Kittel, October 13 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#15 of 94 OFFLINE   Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, MS

Posted October 14 2013 - 05:29 AM

This show can be the master of misdirection.

Like at the end of last night's episode in the church tower when Jane, Lisbon and McAllister spooked some birds (pigeons, I assume) McAllister said, "didn't see that coming. I hate those things."

There has been something about pigeons in the last 2 or 3 episodes. I don't know if they're a clue to the Red John identity or not. To be honest, I'm so confused at this point it's hard to keep up.

#16 of 94 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,737 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 07:33 AM

Google "Mentalist pigeons" and you come up with some interesting links including discussions about the name Carmen, which was pretty blatantly thrown into the mix at the hospital in episode 2 of this season.  I need to revisit the first two episodes (I'm keeping the entire season six on the DVR for a revisit to see what hints were placed once we know more about Red John.)

- Walter.

Edited by Walter Kittel, October 14 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#17 of 94 OFFLINE   Mark_B

Mark_B

Second Unit

• 286 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted October 22 2013 - 02:21 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I am starting to get sick of these secret societies within the law enforcement groups. First we had the "The Blue Templer" in Blue Bloods. Then "HR" in a Person of Interest and the group of folks in The Following. Now we have "Tiger Tiger". All one big vast conspiracy. I enjoy the show, but hope that this is related to Red John and ends with his death and/or capture. If this is what they are going to have as their back story after Red John, it might be time to watch something else.

#18 of 94 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted October 22 2013 - 04:18 AM

I watched the episode where Jane is tied to the chair and Red John is seen with their gloves on, it got me thinking again, maybe Red John isn't on that list, maybe Red John is in fact a woman, maybe the scriptwriters have given the audience a red herring with that list, i hope so.

#19 of 94 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,238 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 22 2013 - 04:30 AM

My #1 Red John suspect bit the dust last night, so I have no idea who he is. Nice to see Madeleine Hightower again.

#20 of 94 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,614 posts

Posted October 22 2013 - 04:42 AM

And then there were Five. Who will be voted off next?

Red John is actually Jeff Probst :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users