Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Expendables 3 - Bruce Willis Out But Cast List Grows!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 of 55 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 06 2013 - 03:02 PM

I was reading IMDB and apparently Bruce Willis is not interested in returning as Church, it seems to be that Harrison Ford may be taking over in his place although it doesn't say if he will be a new character or play the role of Church.

Stallone tweeted something interesting....Greedy And Lazy ….. A Sure Formula For Career Failure".  it seems the speculation is that Bruce is asking for too much cash to return to the role and has a lazy attitude to the work, strange as i thought he was friends with Sylvester.

The cast list for this movie is starting to look impressive, i just hope they wrote the script before they cast the movie and are not trying to write a script around the star names, it would be good if they could get Mel Gibson in on this, i miss him in acting roles.

Nicolas Cage, Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes and Milla Jovovich, not sure if they are all confirmed yet, Snipes, Chan and Jovovich appear to be but not sure about Cage or Ford yet.

Just trying to think of any old action stars they could put in this, i'm thinking maybe Jean Claude Van Damme and Kurt Russell, anyways it should be a fun movie, pity about Bruce, if it's true and confirmed.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 of 55 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,024 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 06 2013 - 03:07 PM

I was reading IMDB and apparently Bruce Willis is not interested in returning as Church, it seems to be that Harrison Ford may be taking over in his place although it doesn't say if he will be a new character or play the role of Church.

Stallone tweeted something interesting....Greedy And Lazy ….. A Sure Formula For Career Failure".  it seems the speculation is that Bruce is asking for too much cash to return to the role and has a lazy attitude to the work, strange as i thought he was friends with Sylvester.

The cast list for this movie is starting to look impressive, i just hope they wrote the script before they cast the movie and are not trying to write a script around the star names, it would be good if they could get Mel Gibson in on this, i miss him in acting roles.

Nicolas Cage, Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes and Milla Jovovich, not sure if they are all confirmed yet, Snipes, Chan and Jovovich appear to be but not sure about Cage or Ford yet.

Just trying to think of any old action stars they could put in this, i'm thinking maybe Jean Claude Van Damme and Kurt Russell, anyways it should be a fun movie, pity about Bruce, if it's true and confirmed.

He was in the last one and I doubt he'll be able to make another appearance in another one.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#3 of 55 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 06 2013 - 03:22 PM

He was in the last one and I doubt he'll be able to make another appearance in another one.

Don't tell me i can guess, i have still to watch the second one, i do wonder about that Stallone tweet though and who it was aimed at.

Edited by FoxyMulder, August 06 2013 - 03:23 PM.

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 of 55 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,449 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted August 06 2013 - 03:23 PM

Maybe this one will include the cast from Red III.

Then they could call it Retired, Expendable and Deadly.

• FoxyMulder likes this

#5 of 55 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,582 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 06:08 AM

Toss in Liam Neeson and Sam Elliott.

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#6 of 55 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 07 2013 - 08:21 AM

I remember reading that Stallone wanted Kurt Russell to appear in one of these films, i wonder if his tweet was aimed at Russell, the problem with sites which report the news is that too often they don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Edited by FoxyMulder, August 07 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#7 of 55 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,309 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 07 2013 - 08:43 AM

^ I can't speak for Sly but it seems that he was trashing Bruce Willis and that's the story that the media has gone with too.

#8 of 55 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 07 2013 - 08:47 AM

^ I can't speak for Sly but it seems that he was trashing Bruce Willis and that's the story that the media has gone with too.

Yeah i imagine so, he wouldn't want to directly name him, i wonder if IMDB will update the Expendables 3 page to reflect this news.

#9 of 55 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,916 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted August 07 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'd love to see Kurt Russell in one of these.

#10 of 55 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 08 2013 - 01:54 AM

The Hollywood Reporter says Bruce Willis dropped out due to money demands, they offered him $3m dollars for 4 days work and he wanted $4m dollars, i guess he was expendable after all, crazy money for such little work, what is it with some of these movie stars, it's like they lose touch with reality after so many years of working in the business and getting paid ridiculous sums of cash.

#11 of 55 OFFLINE   Chuck King

Chuck King

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 05:45 AM

Perhaps BW just didn't wish to be a part this horrible franchise any longer.

#12 of 55 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 08 2013 - 08:04 AM

Perhaps BW just didn't wish to be a part this horrible franchise any longer.

Looking at his body of work he doesn't seem that fussy to me, as long as they pay him what he wants he is there.

#13 of 55 ONLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,555 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted August 08 2013 - 12:01 PM

Looks like Harrison Ford has replaced him.

I don't mind these films. They are harmless entertainment IMO .
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#14 of 55 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,024 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 08 2013 - 12:04 PM

Looks like Harrison Ford has replaced him.

I don't mind these films. They are harmless entertainment IMO .

Same here!

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#15 of 55 OFFLINE   Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted August 08 2013 - 12:05 PM

How can anyone understand why Bruce Willis chooses the roles he does nowadays?  Did anyone see Die Hard 5?  LORD ALMIGHTY!  He's just a zombie on autopilot.  The same in every movie.  At least Tom Cruise CARES about the movies he's doing.  At his age, and with his wealth, wouldn't you want to be more selective?  Take on more passion projects instead of junk like G.I. Joe?

#16 of 55 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,582 posts

Posted August 10 2013 - 04:39 AM

I think eventually most actors get less choosey over their roles.  DeNiro has been in tons, of what I consider, junk movies recently.  They just wanna collect paychecks.  Some remain picky, i.e. Nicholson?

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#17 of 55 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,024 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 10 2013 - 01:19 PM

Looks like Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas have joined the cast.  Gibson appears to be playing the villain.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#18 of 55 OFFLINE   Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted August 16 2013 - 12:03 PM

Only other one I can think of from the last great 80's would be Steven Segal.  Has anyone heard anything about his involvement?

Scott A. McGillivray
Vancouver, B.C.

Struggling Actor and Movie Nut!
(Check out my profile on IMDB!)http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1425496/

#19 of 55 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,590 posts

Posted August 16 2013 - 12:16 PM

I think they are adding way too many big names.  What good is it to want to see your favorite big name in a movie when they are on the screen for 10 minutes to make way for 15 other favorites' 10 minutes?  That and Stallone needs to line up the one on one fights better.  You have 4 actors who made a name for themselves from their martial arts and Stallone takes on Van-Damme?  That should have been Statham, Li, or Norris.

#20 of 55 OFFLINE   Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,711 posts

Posted August 17 2013 - 03:08 AM

I think they are adding way too many big names. What good is it to want to see your favorite big name in a movie when they are on the screen for 10 minutes to make way for 15 other favorites' 10 minutes? That and Stallone needs to line up the one on one fights better. You have 4 actors who made a name for themselves from their martial arts and Stallone takes on Van-Damme? That should have been Statham, Li, or Norris.

Van Damme got his start in martial arts films. He was in Bloodsport. It's the only movie that I actually like him in.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users