Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Murder, She Wrote: Complete Series 10/1/13

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
747 replies to this topic

#741 of 748 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,769 posts

Posted January 17 2015 - 08:41 PM

parker - liked it a lot

i only have 1 left - i guess it is appropriate that it is named death !!

#742 of 748 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,462 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted January 18 2015 - 05:34 AM

The mystery was fine, but those lousy Southern accents that peppered the cast took me out of the story from time to time.

Nice to see long-time recurring actor Gregg Henry take on one more role on Murder, She Wrote.

#743 of 748 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,769 posts

Posted January 18 2015 - 09:10 AM

i had to look him up - he is the husband that got killed ?

accents are seldom good for me - to be honest, i would prefer that they allow the actors to speak without an accent

#744 of 748 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,462 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted January 18 2015 - 01:28 PM

i had to look him up - he is the husband that got killed ?

accents are seldom good for me - to be honest, i would prefer that they allow the actors to speak without an accent

Yes, he was the victim this time. He's often been the killer (at least twice that I can remember), but Angela must have liked him very much to allow him to return season after season.

#745 of 748 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,769 posts

Posted January 18 2015 - 07:35 PM

death occurred on sunday at 7:33 in the evening

i liked it.  saw a lot of faces that i recognized

matt, did they know this was the last show ?  if so, i would have expected something to denote it ?

#746 of 748 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,462 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted January 19 2015 - 05:31 AM

I am really not sure when the axe fell on Murder, She Wrote. I don't see struggles to maintain composure or anything else out of the ordinary, so they may not have informed anyone until after the production of the season was completed.

Angela has gone on record that no one from CBS called her to inform her of the cancellation. She read about it in Daily Variety and felt very hurt and betrayed by the network. Of course, they did contract with her for the four TV movies which all brought in big ratings for CBS, and even at her advanced age, she gets murmurs about doing another one. It won't happen. I certainly was glad NBC scuttled their plans to revive the franchise with Octavia Spencer playing Jessica.

As for this episode, it was purely run-of-the-mill for me. I HATED the forced happy ending. The classics format that wasn't bringing in a dime of revenue to the station and had sunk in the ratings now is a big draw and everyone is happy. Nope, not realistic at all.

Well, this brings us to a close. It's been a fun ride revisiting these episodes. Thanks for making it such a delightful spree.

#747 of 748 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,769 posts

Posted January 19 2015 - 08:01 AM

thank you matt,

gosh, i cant believe after 12 years that cbs did not tell anyone, not even jessica !!

#748 of 748 OFFLINE   Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,651 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted January 19 2015 - 08:08 AM

POPULAR

Jessica should have deduced it.  All the clues were there. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users