-

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: All The President's Men Two-Disc Special Edition (Blu-ray)

Warner

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,954 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 06:36 AM

“Extraordinary! It keeps you hanging on every twist and turn!” — David Ansen, Newsweek

Commemorating the 40th Anniversary of Watergate…

ALL THE PRESIDENT’S MEN

TWO-DISC SPECIAL EDITION
New Blu-ray™ Debuts November 12
Chock-Full of Special Features Including Robert Redford’s Acclaimed Emmy
®-Nominated Documentary 
“All the President’s Men Revisited”

Burbank, Calif. August 1, 2013 – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) commemorates the 40thAnniversary of Watergate this year with the release of All the President’s Men 2-Disc Special Edition on Blu-ray™ November 12. The film, based on Woodward and Bernstein’s best-selling book, won four Academy Awards®[1] and was voted one of the top 25 “Powerful Political Thrillers” by Entertainment Weekly Magazine[2]. Starring are Oscar® winners Robert Redford (Best Director - Ordinary People 1980), Dustin Hoffman (Best Actor in a Leading Role – Rain Man 1988, Kramer vs. Kramer 1979) and Jason Robards (Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Julia 1977, All The President’s Men 1976).

All the President’s Men Revisited, a landmark collaboration co-executive produced by Redford with Andrew Lack and narrated by the actor, has just been nominated for an Emmy® for Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special. The documentary reveals secrets behind the scandal and brings Watergate to life with fascinating archival footage, shocking Oval Office recordings and compelling new interviews. Talking on film about the remarkable event is a “cast” that includes Redford, Bob Woodward, Carl Bernstein, Dustin Hoffman, Jon Stewart and others. The New York Times’ Alessandra Stanley, writing positively about the documentary’s Discovery Channel broadcast earlier this year concluded, “Watergate is an oft-told tale that still has unopened chapters. All the President’s Men Revisited provides a lingering look at the best-known moments and at a few tantalizing ones left on the discard pile of history.”

The film All the President’s Men, of course, deals with the Watergate burglary and investigation that ultimately brought down Richard Nixon’s administration. This important chapter of modern American history is brought to the screen as a faithful adaptation of Woodward and Bernstein’s book chronicling the investigative reporting behind their Pulitzer-prize-winning coverage that changed the face of American politics and redefined the American presidency. The movie was nominated for a total of eight awards (1976); the four wins, in addition to the acting Award, included Adapted Screenplay (William Goldman), Art Direction (George Jenkins/George Gaines) and Sound (Arthur Piantadosi, Les Fresholtz Dick Alexander and James E. Webb). Alan J. Pakula directed; Walter Coblenz produced the film which also starred Jack Warden, Martin Balsam and Hal Holbrook.

All the President’s Men 2-Disc Special Edition on Blu-ray includes the new documentary, All the President’s Men Revisited, plus hours of vintage special features. It will be available for $19.98 SRP. Orders are due October 8, 2013.

Special Features:

·         All the President’s Men Revisited NEW DOCUMENTARY

·         Telling the Truth About Lies: The Making of All the President’s Men

·         Woodward and Bernstein: Lighting the Fire

·         Out of the Shadows: The Man Who Was Deep Throat

·         Commentary by Robert Redford

·         Vintage Featurette - Pressure and the Press: The Making of All the President’s Men

·         Vintage Jason Robards Interview Excerpt from Dinah!, hosted by Dinah Shore

·         1976 All The President’s Men Trailer

All the President’s Men: 2-Disc Special Edition (BR)

Street Date: November 12, 2013

Order Due Date: October 8, 2013

Pricing: $19.98 SRP

Rating: R

Run Time: 138 mins

Catalog/UPC: 1000413350/ 883929351022

Note: All enhanced content listed above is subject to change.

Academy Awards® and Oscar® are both registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

The Emmy® name and the Emmy® statuette are the trademarked property of The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (“Television Academy”) and the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (“National Academy”).

Blu-ray Disc™ and Blu-ray™ and the logos are the trademarks of Blu-ray Disc Association.

Warner Home Video Blu-ray Discs™ offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The format also provides a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees, as well as directly to consumers through WBShop.com and WB Ultra.

About Warner Home Video
With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc., commands the largest home entertainment distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Video and New Line Cinema.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 24 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,208 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted August 01 2013 - 06:54 AM

I love this film.  No question about it.  One of my favorites, now and forever.  It belongs on the list I should be making for Ron in the "most watched" thread.  I love this, and just about anything having to do with Watergate, but this film reigns supreme.  If anyone's been a target for new releases, it's me.

That having been said ... NO WAY.  Yet another anniversary year and revisit documentary?  The mind boggles.  I can only say no thanks.  Courteously.

• Cremildo likes this

#3 of 24 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,954 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 07:01 AM

POPULAR

When I did a search for cover art, I couldn't believe how

many iterations of this BD release there have been.

I am also baffled why Warner puts so much effort into 

these same reissues instead of releasing the titles the 

fans have been most requesting.

• ahollis, darkrock17, Professor Echo and 1 other like this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 24 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,007 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted August 01 2013 - 07:32 AM

I'm wondering why this is showing as rated R. The MPAA's official film rating site shows it as PG, and I am well aware of the battle between WB and the MPAA which ultimately resulted in the film's original R rating being overturned. Is the R rating for the new documentary? What gives?

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#5 of 24 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 745 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 09:25 AM

Warner! We don't want another ALL THE PRESDENTS MEN.  How about RYANS DAUGHTER---THE GREAT RACE---LOCAL HERO---MICHAEL COLLINS--GOODBYE MR CHIPS--PENNIES FROM HEAVEN---GOODBYE GIRL---HEAVEN AND EARTH---WIND AND THE LION. Can anyone at Warners hear us?

Edited by trajan, August 01 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#6 of 24 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 870 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 09:52 AM

POPULAR

ANOTHER REISSUE??????????   Warners please stop bilking the public with anniversary reissues just for a new documentary ?

Where's THE GREAT RACE, RYANS DAUGHTER, RAINTREE COUNTY, A PLACE IN THE SUN ( Paramount), THE BAND WAGON...the list goes on.    Even the Warner Archive Blu Rays are all but a memory . 

Warners seems to have a deaf ear to classics film lovers.....WORST STUDIO OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Andrew Budgell, Mark B and darkrock17 like this
Ken

#7 of 24 ONLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,217 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted August 01 2013 - 09:54 AM

Can we at least get an "approved" color correction transfer on this? And the Saul Bass B/W logo re-instated. If those were done it would be a new purchase hands down. I do like the Digibook I have however. I just hate the replaced logo.

• Timothy E likes this

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 LG BD550 Region Free 
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#8 of 24 OFFLINE   Kevin EK

Kevin EK

Screenwriter

• 2,781 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 09:55 AM

I see no point to this re-issue.

I already have All the President's Men on Blu-ray and I'm very, very happy with it.

I also already have Casablanca and The Wizard of Oz on Blu-ray.   And those editions were the "Ultimate Collector's Editions".

Why does Warner Bros. think I want to go out and buy them again and again and again and again...?

On the other hand, don't answer that question.

• Osato and Ken Koc like this

#9 of 24 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,204 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted August 01 2013 - 10:10 AM

Evergreen titles. They always sell, every 5-7 years, without fail. If it was my business I'd keep re-releasing them.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#10 of 24 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,145 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:03 PM

Where's the 3-D version?

NO SALE
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#11 of 24 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,266 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:34 PM

No, I have to agree with my fellow posters who proclaim their love for the film and their disdain for yet another Blu-ray reissue with some new extras. Those should have been there when it was first issued and we first shelled out our hard-earned money for it.

I will NOT buy it again. There are plenty of OTHER Warners titles I WILL happily buy when they're made available.

• Ken Koc likes this

#12 of 24 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,348 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted August 01 2013 - 01:48 PM

I am very grateful to be getting the Samuel Goldwyn titles (as well as Badlands leased to Criterion), but ANOTHER reissue of an existing blu ray just a few short years old?  Just for a couple of new extras?  Sigh.  And I'm sure in 3 short years it will be repackaged yet again for the film's 40th Anniversary.  Probably in an "Ultimate Collector's Edition" box with scented erasers and 18 minutes of blank audio tape. 

#13 of 24 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,319 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted August 01 2013 - 02:24 PM

Personally since I haven't bought ATPM on Blu yet, I'm going with this one.

77066_front.jpg

Way cheaper and you get Three Days of the Condor too!

• Mark B likes this

#14 of 24 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,554 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 04:55 PM

I am also baffled why Warner puts so much effort into 

these same reissues instead of releasing the titles the 

fans have been most requesting.

Hear, hear! 

#15 of 24 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted August 01 2013 - 06:03 PM

I already own the digibook, but that documentary does sound tempting. This is more substantial than others seem to be making it out to be. It's a full-length 90-minute documentary about the Watergate scandal. I did not have the chance to see it when it aired on TV a few months ago but it sounds great. A $19.99 SRP is pretty nice too. :)

Hopefully it's been remastered after the fuss made about the first release. But I'm not betting on it.

Edited by Ray H, August 01 2013 - 06:08 PM.

"Here's looking at you, kid."

#16 of 24 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,975 posts

Posted August 02 2013 - 04:27 PM

I see no point to this re-issue.

I already have All the President's Men on Blu-ray and I'm very, very happy with it.

I also already have Casablanca and The Wizard of Oz on Blu-ray.   And those editions were the "Ultimate Collector's Editions".

Why does Warner Bros. think I want to go out and buy them again and again and again and again...?

On the other hand, don't answer that question.

+1

I have the original release.

I guess its good for those who are interested in more special features.

Very odd to me that WB is doing another dip on this one.

#17 of 24 OFFLINE   Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux

Supporting Actor

• 665 posts

Posted August 02 2013 - 05:07 PM

I buy this again only if they emulated Disney's tactics and included "All the President's Men II: Carl and Bob's Big Adventure" in the same package.
My DVDs

#18 of 24 OFFLINE   atcolomb

atcolomb

Stunt Coordinator

• 196 posts
  • LocationChicago Area

Posted August 02 2013 - 05:26 PM

I agree about the many re-issues that are on blu-ray already and how about McCabe and Mrs Miller from Warner "lets do it again" Brothers?...

#19 of 24 OFFLINE   Dr Griffin

Dr Griffin

Supporting Actor

• 609 posts

Posted August 03 2013 - 08:48 AM

For those of us that don't own this title yet, this is the version to get.

#20 of 24 OFFLINE   Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted August 03 2013 - 04:59 PM

I was about to but blu ray out currently. Glad I saw this. If this film doesn't make you want to be a reporter....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users