-

Photo
- - - - -

PHE Press Release: Star Trek: Enterprise The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)

Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,002 posts

Posted July 31 2013 - 08:06 AM

51GAFJJ7LkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

THE JOURNEY CONTINUES ABOARD THE ENTERPRISE NX-01 

WITH THE NEW HIGH-DEFINITION BLU-RAYTM COLLECTION

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE

THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON BLU-RAY™

Featuring An All-New Cast Reunion, Six-Disc Set Also Includes Multi-Part Documentary, Exclusive Commentary, Deleted Scenes And Outtakes

Available August 20, 2013

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (June 13, 2013) – Join Captain Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula) as he leads his crew through more thrilling adventures in sparkling high-definition when STAR TREK®: ENTERPRISE — THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON arrives on Blu-ray Disc August 20 from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution.

A centerpiece to the STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE — THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON BLU-RAY collection is the newly produced cast reunion feature, “In Conversation: The First Crew,” which offers fans a look at an intimate and candid discussion with members of the main cast and recurring guest stars, who reveal their most memorable stories from the set and their favorite behind-the-scenes moments. The reunion is moderated by series co-creator/executive producer Brannon Braga.

Fans will also enjoy “Uncharted Territory,” a three-part retrospective providing an inside look at the challenges faced by the writing staff and creators during the creative development of the second season, which ultimately inspired the controversial Xindi story-arc that kicks off in the season finale, “The Expanse.” In addition, a collection of newly produced commentaries by cast and crew including John Billingsley (“Phlox”), writer/co-executive producer Chris Black and Mike & Denise Okuda, among others, all make STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE — THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON a must-own for fans.

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE recounts the adventures of the pioneers of space travel who ventured into the universe 100 years before the events of Star Trek®: The Original Series. Set in the 22nd century, in a time when interstellar travel is still in its infancy, ENTERPRISE follows Captain Archer and his crew of brave explorers as they set out to chart the galaxy on a revolutionary spacecraft and experience the wonder and mystery of the final frontier as they seek out new life and new civilizations.

The STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE – THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON Blu-ray includes all 26 episodes from the series’ acclaimed sophomore season and will be available in 1080p with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, German and Italian 5.1 (Dolby Digital), and French, Castilian and Japanese Stereo Surround (Dolby Digital).  The discs also include English SDH, French, German, Castilian, Italian, Japanese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish subtitles. The Blu-ray is Not Rated in the U.S. and it will be available for the suggested retail price of $120.99 U.S.  The disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc One:

Episodes

·       Shockwave, Part II

·       Carbon Creek

·       Minefield

·       Dead Stop

Special Features

·          Audio Commentary by Chris Black and Mike & Denise Okuda on “Carbon Creek”—NEW!

·          Deleted Scene from “Minefield” (SD)

·          Audio Commentary by Michael Sussman and Phyllis Strong (2005) on “Dead Stop”

·          In Conversation: The First Crew (HD)—NEW!

·          Season 2 Promo (SD)

·          Archival Mission Logs:

o   Enterprise Moments: Season Two (SD)

o   Enterprise Profile: Jolene Blalock (SD)

Disc Two:

Episodes

·        A Night In Sickbay

·        Marauders

·        The Seventh

·        The Communicator

·        Singularity

Special Features

·        Deleted Scenes from “A Night In Sickbay” (SD)

·            Archival Mission Log: Inside A Night In Sickbay (SD)

Disc Three:

Episodes

·        Vanishing Point

·            Precious Cargo

·            The Catwalk

·            Dawn

·            Stigma

Special Features

·       Deleted Scene from “Dawn” (SD)

·       Text Commentary by Mike & Denise Okuda (2005) on “Stigma”

·       Deleted Scene from “Stigma” (SD)

·       Stigma – Archival Interviews (SD)

·       Archival Mission Log: Photo Gallery (SD)

Disc Four:

Episodes

·       Cease Fire

·         Future Tense

·         Canamar

·         The Crossing

·         Judgment

Special Features

·          Deleted Scene from “Cease Fire” (SD)

·          Archival Mission Logs

o   Shooting “Future Tense” (SD)

o    Enterprise Secrets (SD)

Disc Five:

Episodes

·       Horizon

·         The Breach

·         Cogenitor

·         Regeneration

·         First Flight

Special Features

·       Audio Commentary by John Billingsley and Bonita Friedericy on “Regeneration”—NEW!

·       Audio Commentary with Chris Black and Mike and Denise Okuda on “First Flight”—NEW!

·       Audio Commentary by Michael Sussman and Phyllis Strong (2005) on “Regeneration”

·       Text Commentary by Mike & Denise Okuda (2005) on “First Flight”

·         Archival Mission Logs

o   Levar Burton – Star Trek Director (SD)

o   Enterprise Outtakes (SD)

Disc Six:

Episodes

·       Bounty

·       The Expanse

Special Features

·       Deleted Scenes from “The Expanse” (SD)

·       Documentary: “Uncharted Territory”—NEW! (HD)

o   Part One: Destination Unknown

o   Part Two: First Crew

o   Part Three: Course Correction

·       Archival Mission Logs

o   NX-01 File 04

o   NX-01 File 05

o   NX-01 File 06

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE – THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON

• Street Date: August 20, 2013
  • Suggest Retail Price: $120.99 US
  • Catalog #:  7913036
  • Runtime: 18 hours, 32 minutes
  • U.S. Rating: Not Rated
  •  

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted July 31 2013 - 07:22 PM

This year, I feel like all I'm doing is watching Trek.  It was a S1 and S2 with the BF...then Enterprise S1 on my own...and TNG S3 on my own.  I've started TNG S4 tonight...and now more Enterprise and another season of TNG in the winter. 

I guess  things could be worse!

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,861 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 04:38 AM

Looking forward to this. I gained new respect for Enterprise when I watched it on DVD a few years ago. 

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,352 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 07:11 AM

Looking forward to this set. True Jason, we're experiencing a wealth of Trek on blu ray.

What's worse? Perhaps no DS9 or Voyager in HD.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,158 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted August 01 2013 - 07:50 AM

Looking forward to this set. True Jason, we're experiencing a wealth of Trek on blu ray.

I can't see Paramount not making DS9 and Voyager ready for HD syndication. Trek is still a cash cow, and even DS9 and Voyager will pay for themselves in time.

Although, DS9 will probably take a bit more effort, since they had went to all GGI effects by the end of the run.

/I don't remember... did Paramount do the whole "well, sales will dictate the release of DS9" thing when the shows first appeared on DVD?

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted August 01 2013 - 07:55 AM

I don't think that's even a possibility, Nelson.  There's no way half the franchise gets HD and the other half doesn't.  That would be terribly shortsighted of CBS.  I can see them cutting corners and not spending as much money on DS9 and VOY as TOS and TNG, but I don't even think them not doing those shows is feasible.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,352 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 11:46 AM

Sure Jason, Robert, I agree its more then likely DS9 and Voyager will get the HD treatment. They rated higher then Enterprise if I recall correctly.

I doubt there's been any mention anywhere if CBS or Paramount back in the day, publicly stated if the sales would dictate a release of DS9 on DVD. So for blu-ray, I would guess its still on the roadmap pencilled in. I suppose sales of TNG and Enterprise could influence them. TOS interest and blu-ray sales certainly encouraged them to try TNG.

On a sidenote, back in the day, when TNG, DS9 and Voyager was airing over standard def TV and I watched on a 36" CRT TV, even then I could see the enormous about of make-up used on actresses faces. Not that they needed it for hiding wrinkles, I recall noticing it the most on Jeri Ryan and Kate Mulgrew as they probably had very light colored skin. It will interesting to see them in HD on a large screen. I'm seeing the make up on Marina Sirtis now!
  • Ockeghem likes this

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,158 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:37 PM

Sure Jason, Robert, I agree its more then likely DS9 and Voyager will get the HD treatment. They rated higher then Enterprise if I recall correctly.

I doubt there's been any mention anywhere if CBS or Paramount back in the day, publicly stated if the sales would dictate a release of DS9 on DVD. So for blu-ray, I would guess its still on the roadmap pencilled in. I suppose sales of TNG and Enterprise could influence them. TOS interest and blu-ray sales certainly encouraged them to try TNG.

On a sidenote, back in the day, when TNG, DS9 and Voyager was airing over standard def TV and I watched on a 36" CRT TV, even then I could see the enormous about of make-up used on actresses faces. Not that they needed it for hiding wrinkles, I recall noticing it the most on Jeri Ryan and Kate Mulgrew as they probably had very light colored skin. It will interesting to see them in HD on a large screen. I'm seeing the make up on Marina Sirtis now!

Well, Enterprise was HD ready, being the first Trek series shot in widescreen HD.

And as for the make-up... I don't recall if it was S1 or S2 of TNG, but Troi's lipstick was an almost neon shade of red that was never that noticeable until HD. I do believe they toned it down with later seasons, though.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,861 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:57 PM

There were some comments from CBS that they were "looking at" DS9 for blu-ray, so hopefully we'll hear something more soon. If TNG finishes up on blu by the spring of 2014, the first season of DS9 could conceivably be out by next summer - just a guess.

This is from The Digital Bits from Oct 2012:

In other news today, we highly recommend that you Trekkers check out this radio story from KPCC's Off Rampprogram - it's a feature on CBS' Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray remastering effort. And you'll definitely want to stick with it right to the end, because for the first time in public (to our knowledge) there's the suggestion made that - provided demand is there and the TNG Blu-rays all sell well - CBS may continue their BD remastering/upgrade effort on to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine! Cool news indeed. This jives with what we've been hearing from our own industry sources. Keep your fingers crossed.

http://www.thedigita...nts/100212_0100

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,158 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 01:11 PM

There were some comments from CBS that they were "looking at" DS9 for blu-ray, so hopefully we'll hear something more soon. If TNG finishes up on blu by the spring of 2014, the first season of DS9 could conceivably be out by next summer - just a guess.

This is from The Digital Bits from Oct 2012:

http://www.thedigita...nts/100212_0100

I would guess the release schedule would put TNG finishing up in summer 2014, and Enterprise finishing in Spring 2014 alongside TNG S6.

And honestly, that would probably be for the best, because it would possibly give DS9 a Christmas release date, which would enhance sales on what was probably the worst season of the show.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paramount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users