Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Announcement: Star Wars Clone Wars Season 5 (Blu-ray)

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,608 posts

Posted July 27 2013 - 11:27 PM

67743_large.jpg

StarWarsCloneWars_Seasons1-5CollectorsEdition_e.jpg

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Five, the final season of the hit series, will release on October 15, 2013, on Blu-ray (2-disc, $59.97 MSRP) and DVD (3-disc, $49.98 MSRP). The collection delivers all 20 episodes, two as director’s cuts never seen on TV, and supplements them with a host of behind the scenes bonus materials, cast and crew interviews, and deleted and alternate scenes, revealing the magic behind the making of the cutting-edge series.

In its Emmy-winning fifth season, the gripping Star Wars story moves closer to the grim events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and several major players face their destinies as the galaxy plunges into darkness. Planets are rocked by revolution, ancient Jedi secrets are explored, and Ahsoka Tano — the spirited Padawan so central to the series — faces a major crisis that will change her forever.

For those wanting to relive every moment of the epic series from the beginning comes the Star Wars: The Clone Wars Seasons 1-5 Collector’s Edition, also releasing on October 15, 2013, on Blu-ray (14-disc, $149.99 MSRP) and DVD (19-disc, $119.98 MSRP). All previous complete season sets have been collected here for the first time. With unique packaging, the Collector’s Edition also includes a brand new 54-page Art of The Clone Wars booklet that showcases concept art from across all five seasons, with many pieces never before published.

Source: StarWars.com

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 11 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,720 posts

Posted July 28 2013 - 03:32 AM

What's interesting is that while the season 5 set doesn't have any bonus materials of the season 6 episodes which were never broadcast (which is understandable), the "complete series" doesn't either.

#3 of 11 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,360 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 28 2013 - 04:17 AM

Based on the number of discs, The Clone Wars movie (which was 4 episodes of the series cut together) isn't in the series set either. Considering that that introduces Ahsoka and sets up the entire series, it's kind of important to the series.

As for the S6 episodes, I guess Disney will run them on Disney XD or sell them on iTunes or do something else to make money with them and then sell the DVDs and Blu-rays.

#4 of 11 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,720 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 10:16 AM

Now that we know the remaining Clone Wars episodes are on Netflix, the question is: Will they be released on blu-ray? I can't imagine they'd miss an opportunity for another blu-ray set sale, but stranger things have happened.

Here's a nice Q&A with the show's director:

http://insidetv.ew.c...odes-interview/

#5 of 11 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,240 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 11:20 AM

I hope they do unfair for those of us who do not use Netflix. I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to make the extra money. Probably just an exclusive window for netflix.

Now that we know the remaining Clone Wars episodes are on Netflix, the question is: Will they be released on blu-ray? I can't imagine they'd miss an opportunity for another blu-ray set sale, but stranger things have happened.

Here's a nice Q&A with the show's director:

http://insidetv.ew.c...odes-interview/

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#6 of 11 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,360 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 07 2014 - 12:10 PM

^ Nothing but a guess but I'm thinking it'll be available on Blu-ray/DVD by the holidays. I don't think Disney would lock themselves into a long term exclusivity deal when it's a guaranteed seller like Star Wars.

• Randy Korstick likes this

#7 of 11 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,720 posts

Posted July 08 2014 - 01:49 PM

Any rumblings of a Blu-Ray release for season six? Do we think it'll be announced at ComicCon? Hoping for the usual October release. Netflix's exclusive period appears to be over, as the episodes are on iTunes and other platforms now, so a home video release seems the next step.

#8 of 11 Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 255 posts

Posted July 08 2014 - 05:40 PM

I hope they release The Complete Season Six: The Lost Missions on DVD this year so I can complete my collection of the series.

Darby

#9 of 11 Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 658 posts

Posted July 10 2014 - 08:36 AM

I hope they release The Complete Season Six: The Lost Missions on DVD this year so I can complete my collection of the series.

Darby

It would be fitting if they put this series to rest by giving us a proper disc collection of the final season. I am just now finishing up series four and as the series progresses so does the quality of writing and animation technique.
  • Darby67 likes this
Being a female is a matter of birth. Being a woman is a matter of age. But being a lady… Now that's a matter of choice.

#10 of 11 Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 255 posts

Posted July 10 2014 - 09:03 AM

It would be fitting if they put this series to rest by giving us a proper disc collection of the final season. I am just now finishing up series four and as the series progresses so does the quality of writing and animation technique.

Wholeheartedly agree; this was definitely a series that aged well over time.

Darby

#11 of 11 Christian T Lee

Christian T Lee

Agent

• 27 posts
  • LocationCornwall, Ontario, Canada

Posted July 10 2014 - 09:34 AM

Good Day All!

Has anyone heard if Warner will be issuing a replacement policy for the Canadians who purchased this 5th season Blu-Ray set due to the audio synch issues?

I tried to get a replacement but have only been able to find information for the US.

Thanks in advance

Christian

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users