Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Subwoofer enclosure

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 system1234

system1234

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted July 26 2013 - 06:50 PM

Okay i got my old enclosure from my old speaker set , i want to make a powered subwoofer with it 

I want to put this subwoofer http://www.ebay.com/...=item5af25af70e

with this plate amp 

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5aedbe54b4

it is a good idea please help 

any tip suggestion 

h2z7.jpg

#2 of 4 system1234

system1234

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted July 27 2013 - 01:38 PM

Bump

#3 of 4 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,052 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted July 28 2013 - 01:39 PM

That same BASH amp is 119 at Parts Express. 

What is the internal volume of the enclosure?  How will you seal up the tweeter hole?  Will you add any bracing?  Other than those questions, the sub looks pretty good.  The Theile/Small parameters look great for a sub costing under $70.  One thing missing is xmax.  You are doubleing the RMS power and rarely do you need to even get close to RMS before reaching maximum excursion in a home environment.  Be very careful with the level settings and make sure the box is air tight.

#4 of 4 Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel

Screenwriter

• 2,178 posts

Posted July 29 2013 - 07:32 AM

How thick are the enclosure baffles? If less than 3/4" I would consider removing the front baffle completely and replacing it with a 3/4 to 1 inch thick piece of MDF. Also, smear a good bead of liquid nails(or something similar) along all of the internal edges where all baffles meet. If you are keeping the front baffle be sure that the driver fits and the driver frame flange will work with the current recess. 

Tom V.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users