What's new

Subwoofer enclosure (1 Viewer)

system1234

Auditioning
Real Name
stephane fortier
Okay i got my old enclosure from my old speaker set , i want to make a powered subwoofer with it
I want to put this subwoofer http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CERWIN-VEGA-HED3124-SUB-12-SINGLE-4-OHM-HED3-SERIES-CAR-AUDIO-SUBWOOFER-/390613104398?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item5af25af70e
with this plate amp
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subwoofer-Plate-Amplifier-Amp-Home-Theater-Sub-300W-RMS-/390535730356?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item5aedbe54b4

it is a good idea please help
any tip suggestion

h2z7.jpg

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That same BASH amp is 119 at Parts Express.

What is the internal volume of the enclosure? How will you seal up the tweeter hole? Will you add any bracing? Other than those questions, the sub looks pretty good. The Theile/Small parameters look great for a sub costing under $70. One thing missing is xmax. You are doubleing the RMS power and rarely do you need to even get close to RMS before reaching maximum excursion in a home environment. Be very careful with the level settings and make sure the box is air tight.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
How thick are the enclosure baffles? If less than 3/4" I would consider removing the front baffle completely and replacing it with a 3/4 to 1 inch thick piece of MDF. Also, smear a good bead of liquid nails(or something similar) along all of the internal edges where all baffles meet. If you are keeping the front baffle be sure that the driver fits and the driver frame flange will work with the current recess.

Tom V.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks