What's new

Nokia 1020... (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Just snagged the Nokia 1020 today, upgrading from the 920. We upgraded all of the 920s in our office, so 10, to the 1020. Most of us went with black, but the canary yellow was also popular. (No one took white) First thoughts:

The camera is fantastic.. I mean, truly fantastic.
Otherwise, specs are similar to the 920, but the 41MP camera is one hell of a bump

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is it true 41 MP, or some sort of digital interpolation? (Because 41 MP doesn't make physical sense. 41e6 => 6400 px on a side. With a 2 micron pixel, that's 12.8 mm, or 1/2", across. That seems very large for a phone camera)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
You have to see this thing. It's really a camera with a phone attached. It's a true 41mp sensor. I would very likely get one if it ran Android.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, big camera.. they make a case for it that gives it a full camera body. But the camera thing is frankly pretty awesome. Something not noted in the reviews I've seen so far but does work.. if you're recording 720P video (you can record 1080P or 720p) you can zoom in -while- you are recording, up to 6X. The video and pictures that come off this thing are frankly awesome.

It isn't up to our DSLR, but we did a back and forth, and the pictures off it look far better then our Coolpix L820 (16MP). And that's saying something. I would have never thought a phone camera would look as good/better then even a mid-level digital camera, but the color quality and detail on this is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.