2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted July 25 2013 - 03:22 PM

http://www.salon.com...une_to_charity/

Sam Simon, who has been diagnosed with Terminal Colon cancer and only a few months to live has decided to give everything away to charity.  A pretty touching story.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,880 posts

Posted July 28 2013 - 03:17 PM

I always enjoyed Sam Simon's calls into the Howard Stern Show.  Especially the one where Howard had on Jennifer Tilly (his ex-wife) as a guest.  Sam said Tilly told him his idea for a "cartoon" TV show was horrible and would never make it.  Meanwhile she was still getting residuals from it.  He actually mentioned his condition on the show several months ago and said the outlook wasn't good.  Sad to hear it sounds like it's only a matter of time.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,225 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted July 29 2013 - 06:20 PM

IIRC, it was Simon's influence that made Lisa something other than a female version of Bart. Without him, I wonder whether the show would have lasted as long as it has.

This is very sad news.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users