Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Breaking: Shout Factory and ITV Studios Sign Multi-Film Deal: GREAT TITLES COMING!

Shout Factory

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 of 74 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,596 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 08:57 AM

image001.jpg image002.png

SHOUT! FACTORY AND ITV STUDIOS GLOBAL ENTERTAINMENT

SIGN MULTI-FILM DEAL

FOR HOME ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION

Iconic Film Properties Include Internationally Acclaimed Movie Classics

SOPHIE’S CHOICEON GOLDEN PONDTHE EAGLE HAS LANDEDTHE LAST UNICORN,

THE TAMARIND SEEDCAPRICORN ONETHE CASSANDRA CROSSINGBRIEF ENCOUNTERSATURN 3THE MERCHANT OF VENICEVOYAGE OF THE DAMNED,

THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL and much more

Los Angeles, Calif. and London, U.K – July 25, 2013 – Shout! Factory and ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) announced today a distribution agreement to bring a vast library of acclaimed cinema classics to the home entertainment marketplace in the U.S and Canada. The announcement was made by Shout! Factory’s founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos and Carol Lee, SVP Home Entertainment Americas for ITVS GE.

This exclusive multi-year deal will enable U.S. and Canadian audiences to watch over 30 highly sought-after film properties from ITVS GE on home entertainment and select digital platforms. Critically acclaimed and award-winning movies include SOPHIE’S CHOICE (Meryl Streep, Kevin Kline), ON GOLDEN POND (Katharine Hepburn, Henry Fonda), THE EAGLE HAS LANDED (Michael Caine, Donald Sutherland, Robert Duvall), THE LAST UNICORN(Jeff Bridges, Alan Arkin, Mia Farrow), THE TAMARIND SEED (Julie Andrews, Omar Sharif), CAPRICORN ONE(Elliott Gould, James Brolin), THE CASSANDRA CROSSING (Sophia Lauren, Richard Harris, Martin Sheen), BRIEF ENCOUNTER (Richard Burton, Sophia Lauren), SATURN 3 (Farrah Fawcett, Kirk Douglas, Harvey Keitel), THE MERCHANT OF VENICE (Laurence Olivier, Joan Plowright), VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED (Faye Dunaway, Oskar Werner, Lee Grant), THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL (Gregory Peck, Laurence Olivier), as well as numerous notable popular cult classic hits.

“We are excited about this new opportunity with ITV Studios Global Entertainment. Many of these iconic films have been unavailable or long out-of-print in the home entertainment marketplace.  We look forward to bring these cinematic treasures back to their original luster and present these films to movie fans and collectors on digital entertainment platforms as well as at retail,” stated Shout! Factory’s founders.

“ITVS GE’s catalogue boasts some internationally acclaimed films, and this deal with Shout! Factory will give U.S. and Canadian consumers the opportunity to view some of these cinematic classics across physical and digital platforms.” said Carol Lee.

Shout! Factory plans an aggressive rollout of these cinema classics through physical home entertainment releases and a variety of digital entertainment distribution platforms beginning later this year.  Shout! Factory and ITVS GE are working closely to remaster a number of great titles, some of which have never been available on Blu-ray™ and DVD.  Moreover, a wide range of bonus content for special editions and double features are currently being developed by Shout! Factory.

About ITV Studios Global Entertainment

ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) is one of the world’s leading international TV distribution, home entertainment, publishing, merchandising and licensing businesses. ITVS GE’s home entertainment arm includes one of the biggest DVD publishing labels and markets a world-class portfolio of television, music and film brands with over 3,000 titles across formats including DVD, Blu-ray and downloads. The business spans UK and international distribution, co-production, acquisition, e-commerce and retail, with offices in London and Los Angeles. In addition ITVS GE controls the DVD rights to the Rank and ITC film collections, containing over 1,500 iconic British films.

About Shout! Factory

Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform media company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s DVD and Blu-Ray™ offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials in lavish packages crammed with extras.  Shout’s audio division boasts GRAMMY®-nominated box sets, Broadway cast albums, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable “best of” compilations.  In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast digital distribution network which delivers video and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America.  Shout! Factory also owns and operates Timeless Media Group, Biograph Records, Majordomo Records, HighTone Records and Video Time Machine. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention.  Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.

• davidHartzog likes this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 74 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,441 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted July 25 2013 - 09:02 AM

Some good titles in that agreement.

#3 of 74 Cinescott

Cinescott

Supporting Actor

• 829 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted July 25 2013 - 09:11 AM

On Golden Pond! Finally!

"There are two types of people in the world, my friend. Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

#4 of 74 trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 571 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 09:15 AM

Great news!  ON GOLDEN POND- YES!

#5 of 74 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,770 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 09:26 AM

Terrific news. Is THE EVIL THAT MEN DO part of the deal?

#6 of 74 lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,063 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted July 25 2013 - 09:46 AM

I'm on board for day one purchases of both "On Golden Pond" & "Sophie's Choice"...Shout Factory's definitely making big waves as an independent blu-ray label distributor these days, which is great to see!!!

#7 of 74 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 3,859 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted July 25 2013 - 10:17 AM

The Boys From Brazil brings back fond memories, as do Capricorn One and The Last Unicorn.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#8 of 74 Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,336 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted July 25 2013 - 10:23 AM

Has "The Tamarind Seed" ever been released in any video format in the US?  Possibly on a fullscreen VHS, but certainly not laserdisc or DVD.

Edited by Rob_Ray, July 25 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#9 of 74 Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell

Screenwriter

• 1,166 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 12:07 PM

I agree, some great titles, especially On Golden Pond! Wonderful news.

#10 of 74 Simon Lewis

Simon Lewis

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 01:12 PM

Just wish ITV would release some of their back catalogue in the UK, but they've been very slow over the last few years

• Keith Cobby likes this

#11 of 74 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,034 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted July 25 2013 - 01:15 PM

Nice.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#12 of 74 John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,399 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted July 25 2013 - 01:35 PM

Just wish ITV would release some of their back catalogue in the UK, but they've been very slow over the last few years

ITV seem determined to license out their back catalogue pretty much the world over rather than release them in the UK; there are a few on this opening list that were released a few years back, but as you say, since then, few and far between.

So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

#13 of 74 Jobla

Jobla

Supporting Actor

• 547 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hoping for CAPRICORN ONE.

#14 of 74 davidHartzog

davidHartzog

Second Unit

• 441 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted July 25 2013 - 01:37 PM

Great news! Lots of good films will be available again, and Shout does a good job.
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

#15 of 74 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,558 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 25 2013 - 01:39 PM

Very pleased to see that some of these great titles are finally coming to Blu-ray. Hooray!

#16 of 74 JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,439 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 01:58 PM

While not a great movie, The Cassandra Crossing on blu-ray looks promising as the DVD is quite poor.  I have some of these titles already released on blu-ray by ITV in the UK, but the others are most welcome.  Between Shout! and VCI, the ITV catalogue is getting some decent exposure in North America.

#17 of 74 t1g3r5fan

t1g3r5fan

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 04:33 PM

I noticed that a dozen of the 30 titles are now known to us from the deal. Let the speculation on the other dozen and a half begin.

#18 of 74 Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,131 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted July 25 2013 - 04:34 PM

Seems like a lot of the later PSE titles in there.
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#19 of 74 classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,298 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 25 2013 - 04:36 PM

Some great titles, though I hope these are also made available in other territories because being Shout! Factory they will most probably be region-locked.

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#20 of 74 Cremildo

Cremildo

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted July 25 2013 - 05:27 PM

At long last I'll be able to watch Sophie's Choice in a decent transfer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users