What's new

Google's new Nexus 7 takes on Apple's Airplay (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Yesterday, Google unveiled the new Nexus 7, will be the first device using Google’s Android 4.3. The tablet will be priced at $229 for a 16-gigabyte version; $269 for 32 GB and $349 for an LTE version. The 16 GB and 32 GB versions will be available next week at different retail stores including Best Buy and GameStop.

One of the most interesting features that I find with the new Nexus 7 is Chromecast, a USB device based on the company’s Chrome operating system that allows a user to pull content from the Web and have it play on a TV. I don't know how many people use Airplay with Apple TV to take content from your iOS device to your big screen TV, but I find it pretty convenient. FWIW, I also use a third part PC and Mac utility that turns a PC / MAC into an Airplay receiver. This allows a person to record what is going on for an iPad and record it from a PC/MAC. Super cool utility.

Chromecast, which is priced at $35, is plugged into a TV and enables a user with a smartphone or a PC to play content on the television. Chromecast works with mobile devices using Google’s Android operating system as well as those using Apple Inc.’s iOS platform.

Anyone bought the Nexus 7 yet and used Chromecast?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks