What's new

HTPC connection issues (1 Viewer)

tlkaufman

Auditioning
Real Name
Todd Kaufman
I used to have an ACER Veriton L460 mini HTPC that I had hooked up to my 46 inch Toshiba Regza HDTV...the motherboard needed replacing so as an alternative, I had a Dell GX745 desktop computer in the basement I hooked up instead. The problem I'm having is getting the screen to fill my HDTV....my Acer had an adaptor on and HDMI cord that converted? the video so that it filled the screen, but for this Dell, the adapter wasn't compatible so I purchased a cord that runs to my PC IN port on the back of the HDTV from the computer's VGA out I think. I tried playing around with screen resolution, etc and to no avail so please help a guy out!!thanks,tk

As a side note...talking to the fine folks at Best Buy and Future Shop - one told me no such cable existed to hook up this way while the other says you can order it online...a VGA to HDMI cable. I bought one and hooked it up but I get no picture at all!! lol I believe the connection on the Dell is DVI so maybe that is causing the hookup issue?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Many video cards (especially Intel and ATI) have drivers that allow you to set the underscan/overscan. Thse will need to be adjusted in order to make the image set to your screen.

tlkaufman

Auditioning
Real Name
Todd Kaufman
Thanks for getting back to me on this!! mattCR:)
Is this something I can do or does it need an expert?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks