Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Kaleidescape Unveils Cinema One Server/Player

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins

• 2,166 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted July 23 2013 - 11:19 PM

Kaleidescape has introduced the Cinema One targeted at the mid range high-performance home entertainment equipment enthusiast.  The Cinema One is priced at $3,995 price, almost $10,000 less than the starting price on the previous server.  It is roughly the size of a standard DVR.

The Cinema One includes enough onboard storage capacity to hold 100 Blu-ray or 600 DVD-quality movies transferred from optical discs to the onboard hard drive without removing or altering embedded copy protection. The unit will also access Kaleidescape’s recently launched movie-download service that delivers Blu-ray-quality movies to customer’s hard drives over a broadband Internet connection.

The Cinema One will be distributed through Magnolia Design Centers, direct through Kaleidescape’s online store, and through the company’s network of more than 1,800 A/V specialty dealers worldwide.

I'm wondering if 100 Blu-ray discs is really enough to make this attractive?  Has anyone seen their movie-download service that delivers "Blu-ray quality" movies? 

Kevin Collins
To View My HD Collection Click Here

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 04:49 AM

Their movie service is also Ultraviolet compatible.
Being a female is a matter of birth. Being a woman is a matter of age. But being a lady… Now that's a matter of choice.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,234 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted July 24 2013 - 05:03 AM

I've played with earlier versions and a few of the theatres I've designed, the owners ended up with one.Is there a better and less expensive version of this out there? Sure.But can Grandma use it when babysitting the grandkids? Well, the Kaleiescapes she can...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users