Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for a Sports News App?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,344 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted July 23 2013 - 06:51 AM

I'm looking for a good sports news app for my iPhone and iPad, but I give priority to the iPhone.  

I need it to let me follow teams I select.  I want to be able to read articles about the Chargers, Padres, and whatever other team I might select.

Getting current game scores is a low priority.  I want in-depth articles.  Sports Illustrated is probably not an option.  The teams I follow would get little coverage from them, I think.  A sports news aggregator would probably be my best choice.

Free would be nice, but a one-time fee would be ok too.  Subscription would be my last choice.  It'd better be damn good to get me to pay more than once.

I appreciate your suggestions.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,873 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted July 23 2013 - 10:21 AM

I use the free ESPN app for football updates and subscribe to the MLB app yearly.  Works for me.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted August 05 2013 - 06:10 AM

try ScoreMobile

The name actually may have changed to The Score.  I have both this and ESPN - like both but The Score seems to be much quicker than ESPN with notifications.

Edited by ChristopherG, August 06 2013 - 05:22 AM.

It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users